none
missing wlanapi.dll

Question

• hi all,

recently i installed windows sdk.while running a sample application on wlan,an error message was displayed saying that wlanapi.dll was not found.can anyone please tell me where can i find it?i have searched the installation folder of the sdk but i could not find it there.

any kind of help will be welcome.

thanks in advance

Jyoti

Thursday, November 02, 2006 8:33 AM

Answers

• You may have better luck if you try installing the hotfix for the API. See KB 918997. PS - There is are some dedicated forums for Wireless SDK discussions now. See the Vista forum and the XP forum. There are more wireless SDK experts on those forums than there are on this one.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:23 PM

All replies

• A quick search on Vista 64 RC2 shows copies located in System32 & SysWOW64, have not got 32 bit Vista installed so cannot confirm nor the location on other systems.

HTH

DarlyB

Thursday, November 02, 2006 4:58 PM
  • does it mean that i need to upgrade my system to vista?is it possible that driver of a wireless device might contain that dll?

Thanks in advance

Jyoti

Friday, November 03, 2006 4:53 AM
  • A quick google looks like it will get installed with wireless drivers (dlink etc) so a system that is not connected by a wire will be missing this DLL (eg my xp is wired to the wall so no DLL).

Looks like Vista contains the DLL regardless as my vista test machine has a wire for lan conectivitiy.

Friday, November 03, 2006 11:47 AM
  • I installed the DLink USB adapter.But its driver does not contain the dll.I got it from a software link on the net.

Thanks anyways for your help.

Jyoti

Monday, November 06, 2006 11:35 AM
  • Hi there, there is a version of wlanapi.dll that works with Windows XP with SP2. Sign in to http://connect.microsoft.com, click "Available Connections", and then select Wireless LAN API for Windows XP with Service Pack 2 from the list. More information about this release is available here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms705969.aspx. You must also install the Vista SDK before you can compile and run the sample code.
    Wednesday, November 15, 2006 2:26 AM
  • Jyoti can you share the software link by which you found wlanapi.dll.

thanks.

Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:23 PM
  • here is the link

http://code.mincus.com/31/windows-wireless-api/

thanks and regards,

jyoti

Monday, May 07, 2007 8:27 AM
  • I have got the file, but where do I add it to to get it to work? Says it's reqired for bcmwltry.exe, problem started after I installed a drver for dell 1390 wireless card. Do I need to install all of the mentioed tems or just drag the single file out?

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 9:26 AM
  • You may have better luck if you try installing the hotfix for the API. See KB 918997. PS - There is are some dedicated forums for Wireless SDK discussions now. See the Vista forum and the XP forum. There are more wireless SDK experts on those forums than there are on this one.
    Tuesday, July 24, 2007 10:23 PM
  • i just found that i'm missing wlanapi.dll. ,please tell me were can i find it.  I have search everywhere and i can't find . thanks please help

Sunday, September 16, 2007 12:20 PM
  •  

You need to install the XP version if you are running XP. Dell has multiple versions of the same software all named the same.

You want the one named R151517.

Monday, September 17, 2007 5:00 PM