none
sfc /SCANNOW not working (Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation)

Question

• Recently my Windows 7 was infected by a bad-ass virus. It destroyed almost all of the Windows Services and corrupted many other System Variables. I then installed ComboFix and it deleted the virus but most the services still don't work properly and i have tried sfc /SCANNOW in all the possible ways (Running it in boot, Repair Disc etc.) but it could not fix it. Please tell me how to repair my system (Windows 7 SP1) back to the way it was. Please tell me what will i have to provide about my system and any other information.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 6:39 AM

Answers

• Hey, while this is probably wrong forum to ask this question, I can just tell you that I had the same thing. After fixing stuff here and there for about a month and still not having even half-functional computer, I did a clean install of the OS. If you can't find any complete solution, it might be faster to just reinstall than fixing everything you come across by hand (importing files and tons of deleted registry key from other computers, ...). I never got SFC or even Windows Update to work.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:58 PM

All replies

• Hey, while this is probably wrong forum to ask this question, I can just tell you that I had the same thing. After fixing stuff here and there for about a month and still not having even half-functional computer, I did a clean install of the OS. If you can't find any complete solution, it might be faster to just reinstall than fixing everything you come across by hand (importing files and tons of deleted registry key from other computers, ...). I never got SFC or even Windows Update to work.
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 3:58 PM
  • So there is no Solution? That's SAD :( and please tell which forum should i put this question? But if anyone knows how to FIX it please tell me a solution.

Thnx.

• Edited by Arjunsmoker Wednesday, January 22, 2014 5:21 PM
    Wednesday, January 22, 2014 4:30 PM