none
Error 0xC0AA0301

Question

• When I try to burn a DVD-RW I get the error code 0xC0AA0301 I saw in the documentation that it means "E_IMAPI_UNEXPECTED_RESPONSE_FROM_DEVICE" I want to know if there is any way to avoid getting this error.

I have tried CD-RW with no problem just with DVD-RW.

The PC specification where I got the error are:

Device: Optiarc DVD RW AD-7220S ATA

Friday, April 09, 2010 9:34 PM

Answers

• Octavio,

From your description, the issue seems to be caused by hardware (recorder/media). You can either use another good behaving device, or you can contact the hardware manufacturer for further support. Again, my suggestion is to first check their website for firmware updates.

Regards,

Nathan

Monday, May 03, 2010 10:31 PM

All replies

• Hi Octavio,

From what call are you receiving that particular error code? Have you tried IsCurrentMediaSupported() before burning?

Mikhail

Thursday, April 15, 2010 10:12 PM
  • Hi Octavio,

This among others maybe caused by your particular optical drive and/or media. Can you try the same application on another burner from a different manufacturer, as well as some other DVD-RW media from a different maker? This will help isolate the problem. You may also want to visit the manufacturer's website and check for any firmware updates for your burner.

If you observe the same pattern on more than one burner from different manufacturers, can you share with us a minimal code snippet that demonstrates the problem? Thanks.

Regards,

Nathan

Monday, April 19, 2010 10:57 PM
  • Hi Mikhail thanks for the answer,

I get the error call form the call "discFormatData.Write(fileSystem);"   discFormatData is a MsftDiscFormat2Data instance.

I do use IsCurrentMediaSupported() before burning and it reports that is is supported.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:06 PM
  • Hi Nathan Hu,

I tried with other device and I don't have the problem, so should I infer the drive/device has bad IMAPIv2  has support?.

I didn't looked for a firmware update, so I am not sure if that would help but thanks for the tip.

Thanks for the answer.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 6:16 PM
  • Octavio,

From your description, the issue seems to be caused by hardware (recorder/media). You can either use another good behaving device, or you can contact the hardware manufacturer for further support. Again, my suggestion is to first check their website for firmware updates.

Regards,

Nathan

Monday, May 03, 2010 10:31 PM