none
Windows Media Encoder 9

Question

• I hope someone can help me.  Im broadcasting using Windows Media Encoder 9.  Im doing a screen capture off of another computer.  But today, its only using black and white screen.  Its allways been color.  Anyone know how to switch this back??  Thanks for your time guys.
    Sunday, November 12, 2006 3:52 AM

Answers

All replies

• ok, somehow i got that problem fixed but now i have another one.

When im switching sources, while encoding, sometimes the sound bugs out, and goes to a complete screeching sound.  If i switch to another source, then back to the live source im using, sometimes the screeching sound goes away.  Any idea what is causing this?
    Sunday, November 12, 2006 4:06 PM
  • The best place for your question is probably this newsgroup: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/community/newsgroups/WindowsMedia/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.windowsmedia.encoder&lang=en&cr=US

But off the top of my head, I'll offer a guess... When switching sources in WME9, sometimes the transition from audio (or video, for that matter) of one source group to another isn't perfectly smooth.  This might do something like leave a gap in the audio that might cause gaps or other distortions near the juncture.  But that's just a wild guess as to what you may be seeing... try that newsgroup.

Monday, November 13, 2006 1:14 AM