none
mscms.dll error

Question

• Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question, but had some hard time loging onto Microsoft Newsgroup.

I have a newer Dell Desktop Computer with Vista OS.

I'm not sure if it is after an update, but now I have an error, with a file mscms.dll.

The error:

"c:\windows\system32\mscms.dll is either not designed to run on Windows, or it contains an error"

This error appears when I try to add a Contact in Windows Mail.  After pressing OK three times, the error box goes away, and a Contact page it there for me to enter the information.

I searched for the file in the specified location and found it being 0 KB...  A search on the Internet came up with 72 KB.

I run through a suggestion of replacing the file, but got an “access denied” error.

I run SFC /scannow, and found the CBS.log file, which shows it found the file mscms.dll corrupt, but could not replace it.

Any help will be great.

Or

Tuesday, November 18, 2008 2:09 AM

All replies

• It is easy fix errors with mscms.dll file, what you need to do is download a new-clean-original mscms.dll file and save it to your Windows Vista Business Edition Service Pack 1 32-bit.
    To download mscms.dll file, please use DLLSuite.
    DLLSuite is an advanced Windows DLL error repair tool designed for Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP 32-bit and 64-bit systems. It allows you to download missing DLL files, fix DLL errors, fix EXE errors, fix SYS errors and fix corrupted files.
    It also allows you to download mscms.dll file and fix the errors with mscms.dll file for your Windows Vista Business Edition Service Pack 1 32-bit.
    Thursday, November 03, 2011 6:42 AM