none
User Profile Service service failed the login WHY DOES IT HAPPEN AND WHAT'S THE PREVENTION ???

Question

•  

Hi there

I have just purchased a new computer and been locked out from logging in, with the message of "User profile service service failed the login".

Now I have read numurous posts on forums in order to fix this problem, and I have since done so. However my question is "WHY does it happen, and HOW do I prevent it from happening again".  I am in the middle of setting up information for a new business venture and if I lose the data (in MYOB) then I'm history. Does MS have a patch that prevents this happening now ?

Thanks for your help

Cressa

Monday, February 11, 2008 1:47 AM

All replies

• Hello I don't have a response, more so a question as to how you were able to fix your problem. All of the way I have found searching the net hasn't worked. My computer is only a couple of months old and I already have info and pic I hadn't saved to a file, so I may have lost. Please, please respond and let me know how you were able to fix your problem. I was just on the computer last night and signed off correctley. I have no idea what could have happened. My message reads "the user profile Service service failed the logon. User profile dannot be loaded. Thank you in advance for any help you may be able to give.
    Saturday, May 17, 2008 12:41 AM
  • Hi,

First, I have seen this now on 3 hp laptops at my office in the last 3 weeks. Of course today was one of the top 2 in the company. I'm not sure why it happens yet. If I get authorization for a premier case I'll post results back on a why.

For 3 fixes, I posted mine here:

http://windowsnerd.com/fixes/the-user-profile-service-service-failed-the-login-user-profile-cannot-be-loaded/

If that doesn't work let me know and I'll dig more for fixes. If MS gives me an answer why I'll make sure to post back if I'm allowed. Smile

-windowsnerd

Friday, July 11, 2008 4:24 AM
  •  

Wow, lots of people fixing this prob at my site. I have lots of good comments to help people out now. As for the cause, MS hasn't told me anything. Yesterday I had a user power their machine off in front of me before the computer finished logging out. We brought it up in normal mode, and it built a temporary profile. My guess is that windows is fixing the corrupted one from the improper shutdown. Any other ideas? If you find something, post a comment on my site above there^^^^ Smile
    Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:03 PM