none
"No Audio Device Is Installed Error"

Question

•  

Hello All,

I know this is not exactly related to audio development, but i was not sure where else to turn. 

About a week or so ago, my computer stopped playing sound.  The volume icon in the corner shows as if it is on mute.  If i hover over it, it shows that my volume is at 0 and then shows the name of my sound card. If i right click and go to volume mixer, it says that no audio device is installed.  When going to device manager, my sound card is there and is "working properly".  When i go to sounds in control pannel, it shows that everythign is working properly.  I have even swapped my sound card with another one, and then also switched back to on-board sound when neither of those worked.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I have screen shots of everything if it would be helpful.

Thanks

Saturday, November 03, 2007 3:37 PM

Answers

• After numerous failed attempts at fixing the problem, i reinstalled vista and everything works fine now

Friday, November 09, 2007 6:54 PM

All replies

• I'm having the exactly same error; All the property sheets of the audio device (this also includes the microphone jack present) say the device is working properly. When the mixer is opened it responds with "No audio device is installed", which is an obvious paradox given the previous statement!

So any ideas anyone? E-mail me: rivanov at gmail dot com
    Wednesday, November 07, 2007 10:10 PM
  • After numerous failed attempts at fixing the problem, i reinstalled vista and everything works fine now

Friday, November 09, 2007 6:54 PM
  • I'm also having the same error.

Dell XPS 410

Vista Ultimate

SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC (driver version 5.10.0.4991)

I've tried going to BIOS, turning off the device, rebooting, turning it back on in BIOS rebooting.

Windows Audio service is running.

No trumpets on Windows startup or exit.

speaker icon in task bar shows a red circle with white x.  Each individual sound device and property page says device is working properly, but volume mixer shows no audio devices installed.

plugging known-to-be-working headphones into audio out jacks doesn't produce any sound.

• Proposed as answer by sirfranknilson Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:58 PM
    Monday, May 12, 2008 4:06 AM
  •  

In my particular case, the solution was as found on the Dell website:

http://support.dell.com/support/topics/global.aspx/support/dsn/document?c=us&l=en&s=gen&docid=284A36D51B8B897AE040A68F5B285AE4&journalid=4D008C7694F1B6E2E040A68F5A2861EE&Query=bm8rYXVkaW8rZGV2aWNlK2luc3RhbGxlZA==&SystemID=DIM_PNT_9200_XPS_410&ServiceTag=HVQ1WC1&contenttype=-1&os=-1&component=-1&lang=-1&doclang=en&toggle=false

Download and Install the Audio Driver

To download and install the SigmaTel STAC 92xx C-Major HD A02 driver, perform the following steps:

1. Click the Drivers & Downloads link.
    2. Follow the Installation Instructions.

» Uninstall SigmaTel Audio From Programs and Features

To uninstall SigmaTel Audio from Programs and Features:

1. Click Start, and type programs and.
    2. Click Programs and Features.
    3. When the Programs and Features window appears, click to select SigmaTel Audio, and then click the Uninstall button.
    4. When the Confirm Uninstall window appears, click OK to complete the uninstall.
    5. Restart the computer.
    Monday, May 12, 2008 4:37 AM
  •  

Halló I need sound for my windos vista

Monday, October 13, 2008 10:26 PM
  •  

Monday, December 08, 2008 11:19 PM
  •  

Hello All,

I know this is not exactly related to audio development, but i was not sure where else to turn. 

About a week or so ago, my computer stopped playing sound.  The volume icon in the corner shows as if it is on mute.  If i hover over it, it shows that my volume is at 0 and then shows the name of my sound card. If i right click and go to volume mixer, it says that no audio device is installed.  When going to device manager, my sound card is there and is "working properly".  When i go to sounds in control pannel, it shows that everythign is working properly.  I have even swapped my sound card with another one, and then also switched back to on-board sound when neither of those worked.

Does anyone have any ideas?  I have screen shots of everything if it would be helpful.

Thanks

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 10:39 AM
  • install REALTEK AUDIO DRIVER :)
    Saturday, May 15, 2010 8:10 AM
  •   

Hello All,

Thanks

Sunday, May 15, 2011 11:08 PM