none
Gadget not showing in sidebar

Question

• Ok here's the issue, I created my first gadget. I tested it locally and after clicking "install' nothing happened, it didn't show up on my sidebar, but I got no errors.  I submitted it anyway thinking it may need to be bundled with something from microsoft. Well just got an email saying being rejected "Your gadget doesn't show up in the Sidebar after it's been installed"

I have checked and rechecked the code, I'm thinking it may be a compression issue?
    Thursday, July 05, 2007 5:52 PM

All replies

• hi there ..

something happened to me .. i guess what ?

i found the problem in the folder name which should be like that : yourgadget.gadget

so make sure if your folder name correct ..

hope this help

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 3:46 PM
  • I had an issue with the version number in the gadget manifest file. Make sure version is all numbers and periods only. e.g. 1.0, 1.0.0.0, etc... Not something like: 1.0A or 1.0.0.x

Wednesday, August 15, 2007 5:40 PM
  • 1. Make sure you didn't zip your main gadget folder, the zip should contain the contents of the gadget folder only.

2. Make sure your manifest xml file is encoded in UTF-8.  Load it into Notepad and select UTF-8 as the Encoding to save it as, then resave it.

If it doesn't install for you, it won't install for anyone else.  My guess is point 1.
    Wednesday, August 15, 2007 7:36 PM
  •  

Gr8 guess...

It worked for me .. (point 1)

Thanks

Thursday, August 16, 2007 1:22 PM