none
Windows Explorer not showing files and folders

Question

• I am using windows 7 ultimate on a new HP Pavilion With the AMD 840T Quad Core, 8 GB ram and two 1.5 TB of disk storage.

When creating a new folder for example on my desk top or in Windows explorer the new folder does not show up until I close windows explorer. Same with the desktop. I have also noticed that once you reopen explorer and try to rename a file the file name does not change until you close the folder and then reopen it. This is a real pain in the neck.

In order to get them to show up on the desktop I have to reboot the computer. All of the other programs Expression Suite, visual Studio 2010, Office Pro, Map Quest etc all work fine. This also happens on my laptop on occasion.

DET
    Friday, April 22, 2011 9:52 PM

All replies

• This forum is not for Microsoft products. If you need help in using Explorer.exe, try answers.microsoft.com.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Friday, April 22, 2011 10:46 PM