none
Where is checksur.exe?

Question

• SP2 for Vista 64 fails to install on my machine (I have SP1). I get error 0x80040002 (no such interface - wish it told me what interface on what object but that is asking too much).

After trying all sorts of things I downloaded and ran the install for "system update readiness tool". After a very long time the install came back and said it was successful. But I cannot find the checksur.exe anywhere on my machine.

All I found was a new dir, d:\windows\checksur. That dir only contains 5 .cab files. I have not found the checksur.exe in any of them. Windows desktop search fails to find the file too (not surprising since I searched all of c:\ and d:\ and came up empty. Note - c:\ is my 64 bit XP and d:\ is where my Vista 64 SP1 resides.

So where is this tool or what am I supposed to do now that I have installed these .cab files?

R.D. Holland
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 9:51 PM

All replies

• Try the Windows Install forum on answers.microsoft.com

This forum is for help in writing software so the Windows install experts probably won't come here.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Tuesday, October 12, 2010 10:36 PM