none
Widows Tablet PC with GPS and SIM supporting

Question

• Hello,

I’m looking for a Tablet PC which supports these requirements:

Support SIM card for GPRS service,

Have an internal GPS.

I search internet very much but I can’t find any tablet which support these requirements. I found some tablet PCs which support SIM and GPS, but all of them have Android system.

I think that Windows 7 doesn’t support fully mobile and tablet features, therefore those tablets which have windows 7 doesn’t support SIM or GPS. I have 2 questions:

1.        Anybody knows a tablet with windows 7 with SIM and GPS supporting?

2.        Does windows 8 become with fully supporting tablet PCs? I mean that does Windows 8 fully support GPS and SIM and other tablet and mobile features such as G sensor? In this case anyone knows any windows 8 tablet?

Best regards…
    Wednesday, November 09, 2011 8:32 AM

All replies

• Hi Masoud,

This forum is for developers writing code using the Windows Ink and Touch API.  It isn't the right place to get recommendations for Tablet PC hardware.

That said, Windows 7 can support wireless connections and GPS and there are devices which do both.  If you search for "Windows 7 tablet GPS SIM" you should find several devices which have them.

Windows 8 is not yet shipping and so there aren't any Windows 8 devices.  It will support the sensors that you are asking about.  You can find more information on Windows 8 at http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/preview .

--Rob

Saturday, November 12, 2011 12:11 AM
  • Hi Rob,

Thanks for your response. I can't find any Windows 7 tablet that has both GPS and GSM(or GPRS). I must develop an AVL tracking application which need both of GPS and GPRS. Many tablets exist in market that only support one of them. for example Fujitsu STYLISTIC Q550 only has an optional GPS and it doesn't support GPRS.I hope that windows 8 tablets will fully support both of GPS and GSM / SIM.

thank you anyway. regards...

Sunday, November 13, 2011 4:05 AM