none
Error: Failed to Connect to database Failed to connect to OM

Question

• I am getting below error when launched Studio on Windows 2008 R1. Can any one help me to resolve this?

Friday, August 03, 2012 10:41 AM

Answers

• Usually this has to do with permissions. Are you logged in under the same account used to install the controller? If not, you need to log in as the same user or have permissions granted via HCK Manager | Tools | Management Console.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:50 PM
    Owner
  • Under HCK Manager ->Tools -> Management Console, you should see something like -

If you don't, then you are not running under credential that have appropriate permissions. Run HCK Manager under the permissions that the product was installed or find out who installed the product (on the server) and have them set permissions.

John -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:20 PM
    Owner

All replies

• Usually this has to do with permissions. Are you logged in under the same account used to install the controller? If not, you need to log in as the same user or have permissions granted via HCK Manager | Tools | Management Console.

Wednesday, August 08, 2012 5:50 PM
    Owner
  • I have the same issue. did u change your control pc's name after installing WHCK tool?

I am not sure but it may be the reason... don't change the computer name after installing WHCK tool?

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 9:27 AM
  • I had the same issue. After installing WHCK tool....

Please confirm Your controller name and Database name(HCK Manager ->Tools -> Management Console) is same.

Database name can't be greater then 15 character. If your controller name is greater then 15 character you must face this problem as mine.

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:43 AM
  • Thanks for the information! I ran/started it as an/the administrator and the error went away

Wednesday, October 17, 2012 5:14 PM
  • we are getting the error as falied to connect to database or failed to connect to OM

i am using the  (Build ID: 8.59.29734)

we have tried with administrator privileges but still the problem persists...

for me it is showing like controller name:infba02808server

database name :DTMjobs

we didn't seen anything under the path (HCK Manager ->Tools -> Management Console) can anyone help me to solve this???

Wednesday, November 28, 2012 10:25 AM
  • Under HCK Manager ->Tools -> Management Console, you should see something like -

If you don't, then you are not running under credential that have appropriate permissions. Run HCK Manager under the permissions that the product was installed or find out who installed the product (on the server) and have them set permissions.

Thursday, November 29, 2012 7:20 PM
    Owner

I cannot see any datastore on the managerconsole. It seem my controller was different problem a litte bit.
    Thursday, March 28, 2013 7:36 AM
  • Try logging in as the account that the HCK controller was installed with and running HCK Manager from that account-- your account may not have permissions to grant access to the controller.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 8:19 PM