none
Auto language encoding

Frage

• Hi, 

Is is possible to automatically translate system defined words, such as words "Restart", "Shut Down", etc, to local language based on user's Windows' language setting for program? I'm currently using MFC and Visual C++. 

Currently I'm using text file that contain different languages for translation/encoding. 

Thanks

Jerry

• Verschoben Bob_BaoMVP Freitag, 15. Juni 2012 03:36 (From:Application Compatibility for Windows Desktop Development)
    Donnerstag, 14. Juni 2012 06:22

Antworten

Alle Antworten

• Hi Jerrywu12,

Unfortunately, I do not find any public API could change these labels in system.

And this thread should be one User Interface development for Windows Desktop, so I will help you to move there: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsuidevelopment/threads

Bob Bao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

• Bearbeitet Bob_BaoMVP Freitag, 15. Juni 2012 03:37
    • Als Antwort markiert Jerrywu12 Donnerstag, 21. Juni 2012 01:44
    Freitag, 15. Juni 2012 03:30
  • The quality of machine translate is usually not enough for production apps, and shipping a machine translate engine and dictionary is overkill for most of apps. Online translation  services offer more languages, but they usually have quotas as they have a history of being abused.

I do see machine (or poorly human) translated apps a few times, but more often I see community translated apps that are doing exactly what you do now. 

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP

Montag, 18. Juni 2012 23:24