none
logman import "Error: The system cannot find the file specified."

Frage

• So i am trying to get some perf logs on some of my servers(2008 r2 core). I have read to import data collector sets on core i have to use logman becuase perfmon isnt part of core. I have tried making my own xml files and using premade ones from tools like PAL. but i always get the error "Error: The system cannot find the file specified. my command is nothing fance "Error: The system cannot find the file specified." logman import newcollector -xml c:\test.xml

Thanks for the input

JustusIV

Freitag, 16. September 2011 14:06

Alle Antworten

• Just giving a little status update. I got it to work but only with the xml file that i created from a data set i created before i was trying to use the predefined system data collector sets and the PAL sets from http://pal.codeplex.com/ I really want to run the PAL sets as there are if anyone knows why i am having issues with the premade xml files.

Freitag, 16. September 2011 14:26
  • Hi Justus, I had the same problem so I opened up the xml file that is generated by the PAL tool, and I replaced the <DisplayName> and <Description> fields with standard text rather than a reference to a dll file.

Following that I was able to do a logman import.
    Mittwoch, 14. März 2012 20:38