none
Azure bill prediction

Întrebare

• Im worried about constant changes in Azure prices... today is easy for me to "know" how much ill spend in the next five-years if i keep my current servers/staff and a avarage maintance... how can i plan for Azure? i cant get to my CIO and say "oh this year we will spend about XPTO $ if we change to azure... but next year im not sure... can i tell you later?!? like... after the next change on subscription fees?!? what about the year after??? i think we better hire someone specialized in predicting the future... i hear theres a great lady by 12th street..."
    6 martie 2012 01:01

Răspunsuri

• Azure prices have had only one history of change: and it is to go down.  I'm not really sure what your question is.  Can you tell your CIO how much your company will pay for electric bills next year?  Head count?  Phone usage?  Companies have to deal with approximations all the time.  Cloud computing is no exception.  :)

What you're almost always guaranteed is to pay less with a cloud-based model than traditional data-center approach, because if you are maintaining a traditional data center, you're on the average utilizing your data center power at 9% capacity (this is an average statistic) -- this is because data centers are built around the model to buy for maximum capacity needed for the busiest day of the year (and then some on top for just in case). Cloud models are way more adaptive to actual usage and the amount of actual usage is usually much smaller.

Furthermore, you can enter into a licensing agreement with Microsoft (check with your sales rep) where by you can pay certain amounts that you can budget around and only be on the hook for overages if any occur.

Hope this helps.

Auto-scaling & monitoring service for Windows Azure applications at http://www.paraleap.com

6 martie 2012 02:44

Toate mesajele

• Azure prices have had only one history of change: and it is to go down.  I'm not really sure what your question is.  Can you tell your CIO how much your company will pay for electric bills next year?  Head count?  Phone usage?  Companies have to deal with approximations all the time.  Cloud computing is no exception.  :)

What you're almost always guaranteed is to pay less with a cloud-based model than traditional data-center approach, because if you are maintaining a traditional data center, you're on the average utilizing your data center power at 9% capacity (this is an average statistic) -- this is because data centers are built around the model to buy for maximum capacity needed for the busiest day of the year (and then some on top for just in case). Cloud models are way more adaptive to actual usage and the amount of actual usage is usually much smaller.

Furthermore, you can enter into a licensing agreement with Microsoft (check with your sales rep) where by you can pay certain amounts that you can budget around and only be on the hook for overages if any occur.

Hope this helps.

Auto-scaling & monitoring service for Windows Azure applications at http://www.paraleap.com

6 martie 2012 02:44
  • Hello.

There is a good tool for doing some "predictions" and analysis that can be nice-looking for your CIO. You can use fresh version of MAP Toolkit that supports Azure. So you analyse with MAP (it is free, yes) your applications and then it generate a report with approximate prices and comprehensive text report.

And, as Igor said, prices constantly going down. Recently SQL Azure price became lower, for example.

6 martie 2012 04:43
  • Hi,
    On top of what Igor and Alexander mentioned.

Once you will have your azure subscription account I can recommend you to use a tool we develop in Quest Software named Cloud Cost Manager that can help you address cost analysis in Azure.

Regards
    Shay.

Blogging on www.codeproject.com/Members/ShayYannay & www.questcloudtools.com

6 martie 2012 07:07