VENDAS: 1-800-867-1389

none
How to build an SQL Server Reporting Services report with SQL Azure using Visual Studio 2010?

Respostas

• Hi Mike,

Reporting Services supports SQL Azure as datasource, to include data from SQL Azure Database in your report, you must have a dataset that is based on a report data source of type SQL Azure. This built-in data source type is based on the SQL Azure data extension. Use this data source type to connect to and retrieve data from SQL Azure Database.

For more information about SQL Azure Connection Type (SSRS), please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff519560.aspx 

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 02:35
  • Business Intelligence Development Studio (or BIDS) ships with the client components of SQL Server.  It is a separate type of Visual Studio project that can be used to create Reporting Services report.  There is no version of BIDS that works with Visual Studio 2010 - it only works with Visual Studio 2008. 

You don't need to have a separate installation of Visual Studio 2008.  It will be installed when you install the client components of SQL Server.

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 08:23

Todas as Respostas

• Do you mean SSRS report with SQL Azure as the Data source?

OR

Do you mean: How to deploy reports on SQL Azure reporting services (with SQL Azure as data source)?

[For second case: I would point you to an article that i wrote; please click here - it goes through the process in step by step fashion. I believe that would be of help.]

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )

domingo, 4 de março de 2012 22:27
  • SSRS report with SQL Azure as the Data source. I have a client clickounce program and I want to provide the client user the ability to print reports using the AZURE data source. My reports are tables or graphic plots.
    domingo, 4 de março de 2012 22:48
  • Hi Mike,

Reporting Services supports SQL Azure as datasource, to include data from SQL Azure Database in your report, you must have a dataset that is based on a report data source of type SQL Azure. This built-in data source type is based on the SQL Azure data extension. Use this data source type to connect to and retrieve data from SQL Azure Database.

For more information about SQL Azure Connection Type (SSRS), please see: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff519560.aspx 

Thanks,

Challen Fu

TechNet Community Support

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 02:35
  • As challen Fu mentioned, SSRS has support for connecting to SQL Azure Database.

And to make sure that clients could access the SQL Azure, you may have to configure SQL Azure firewall accordingly.

Paras Doshi (Blog: ParasDoshi.com | Twitter: @Paras_Doshi )

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 04:43
  • Business Intelligence Development Studio (or BIDS) ships with the client components of SQL Server.  It is a separate type of Visual Studio project that can be used to create Reporting Services report.  There is no version of BIDS that works with Visual Studio 2010 - it only works with Visual Studio 2008. 

You don't need to have a separate installation of Visual Studio 2008.  It will be installed when you install the client components of SQL Server.

segunda-feira, 5 de março de 2012 08:23