VENDAS: 1-800-867-1389

none
An error occurred while saving your Traffic Manager policy

Pergunta

• Hi,

I'm getting the error in the screen shot while creating Traffic Manager policy. When i click on Create in Traffic Manager menu it shows a popup. I fill it with the information. It shows dns names of my application running in two different data centers in azure. I add them into selected DNS name list. Specify a monitoring end-point in my application which i can access and get a simple html page in response. Also provided a valid Traffic Manager dns prefix and when i click on create it gives me the error. I tried it many times and see the same error. Can someone help me ???

Regards,

Ammar

quarta-feira, 18 de janeiro de 2012 19:40

Respostas

• As the message states, you have to contact Microsoft Customer Support. The official support page is here, and the Windows Azure in particular is here. From my experience with the Windows Azure support so far, I can say that this is outstanding! Just do remomber to include your subscription ID and deployment ID (if it is running deployment) when you describe your issue.
    quarta-feira, 18 de janeiro de 2012 20:28

Todas as Respostas

• As the message states, you have to contact Microsoft Customer Support. The official support page is here, and the Windows Azure in particular is here. From my experience with the Windows Azure support so far, I can say that this is outstanding! Just do remomber to include your subscription ID and deployment ID (if it is running deployment) when you describe your issue.
    quarta-feira, 18 de janeiro de 2012 20:28
  • Hi Anton,

Thanks for the reply. I contacted Microsoft support and got the solution to this problem. The solution is very simple that we have to create traffic manager policy from a Service Administrator credentials in Azure portal. When i was trying first i was using Co-Administrator credentials and getting this error. But when customer representative told me to create policy via Service Administrator credentials it created without any error. If that error could just tell us that we don't have enough rights to create that policy that would be a lot easier for everyone in the first place. 

Regards,

Ammar

quarta-feira, 25 de janeiro de 2012 18:02
  • Now, even co-admins can create Traffic manager policies. I verified it today itself.

Anand

sábado, 10 de março de 2012 20:06