VENDAS: 1-800-867-1389

none
SQL Azure Reporting : Using Shared DataSet in the Report

Pergunta

• Hi,

I have a report which uses shared dataset. I uploaded the report on the management portal. I created the Shared Dataset using Report Builder which points to the Report server. But in the management portal Shared Dataset got created as Folder. I am not able to download it. and When I run my report I got error "

• An error has occurred during report processing. Tracing ID is: f9113b07-0646-4000-a0a7-74931003f5ef. (rsProcessingAborted)
  • An error occurred when invoking the authorization extension. (rsAuthorizationExtensionError)
  • For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"
  •   Why I am getting this error? How to enable remote errors for SQL Azure? When I run report which do not contain shareddataset it works correctly. Please help.
  • Thanks
  • Vallari

sexta-feira, 4 de novembro de 2011 05:45

Respostas

• Hi Vallari,

Acutally, shared dataset is used to create new report, we usually have the shared dataset in advance, then create the report based on this shared dataset using ReportBuilder. To your scenario, sine you can deploy the report's datasource and shared dataset, why you do not deploy the report but upload it to portal? By generally, evey report with shared dataset will have a XML definition after deployed to SQL Azure report Server, so the report's XML file is not same as original after being deployed, you can refer to below. That is to say, datasource and dataset, dataset and report, only when both of these two relationship is connected, can report display correctly.

<SharedDataSet>
            <SharedDataSetReference>/Datasets/FromAzureDSReportbuilder3.0</SharedDataSetReference>
            <rd:ReportServerUrl>https://.......reporting.windows.net/reportserver</rd:ReportServerUrl>
          </SharedDataSet>

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

terça-feira, 8 de novembro de 2011 05:29
  • Hi Hua Yang,

Based on product's feedback, it seem that shared dataset is not supported in this version of CTP, but if you can deploy the data source and shared dataset in advance, then deploy the report, you might not encounter this error. Please have a try.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

quarta-feira, 9 de novembro de 2011 01:38

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Vallari,

Currently, you can download the report from the management portal, but you cannot download the shared dataset in this CTP, in the RTM,hope it feature can be achieved.

To your scenario, credentials for embedded data sources are removed from the report when you upload it. When you run the report you will be prompted for data source credentials. When you upload reports that use shared data sources, you need to deploy the data source before you upload the reports. The upload process binds the report to the data source, enabling the report to use the data source. If you reverse the order, the data source is not bound to the report and the report fails. If you want to upload the same report multiple times to the same folder, you must first delete the existing copy of the report the SQL Azure Reporting report sever or use a different report name. Use the Upload Reports dialog box to upload reports. To open this dialog box, click Upload in the Report category on the taskbar. For more information, see How to: Upload a Report (SQL Azure Reporting).

After you upload a report, you can update its permissions and some properties. For more information, see How to: Update Permissions on Report Server Item (SQL Azure Reporting) and How to: Update Properties of Folders and Reports (SQL Azure Reporting) http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh403965.aspx

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

segunda-feira, 7 de novembro de 2011 05:51
  • Hi Challen Fu,

Thank you for reply.

I deploy the data source before I upload the report. How about the shared Dataset, my report is using shared Dataset. So I created a shared dataset using MSSR report builder which points to AZure report server. So I have a shared Dataset. But when I run my report I am getting error

"An error has occurred during report processing. Tracing ID is: f9113b07-0646-4000-a0a7-74931003f5ef. (rsProcessingAborted)
     An error occurred when invoking the authorization extension. (rsAuthorizationExtensionError)
     For more information about this error navigate to the report server on the local server machine, or enable remote errors"

Due you know how to enable remote errors for Azure Report server? Or why I am getting this error

Thanks,

Vallari

segunda-feira, 7 de novembro de 2011 06:34
  • Hi Vallari,

Acutally, shared dataset is used to create new report, we usually have the shared dataset in advance, then create the report based on this shared dataset using ReportBuilder. To your scenario, sine you can deploy the report's datasource and shared dataset, why you do not deploy the report but upload it to portal? By generally, evey report with shared dataset will have a XML definition after deployed to SQL Azure report Server, so the report's XML file is not same as original after being deployed, you can refer to below. That is to say, datasource and dataset, dataset and report, only when both of these two relationship is connected, can report display correctly.

<SharedDataSet>
            <SharedDataSetReference>/Datasets/FromAzureDSReportbuilder3.0</SharedDataSetReference>
            <rd:ReportServerUrl>https://.......reporting.windows.net/reportserver</rd:ReportServerUrl>
          </SharedDataSet>

terça-feira, 8 de novembro de 2011 05:29
  • hi, Challen:

Would you please say more about how to publish the shared dataset into SQL Azure Report? I always get an error said "Cannot deploy report because the shared data set '/Datasets/DistinctKeyword' does not exist on server.". I think that's the same reason why Vallari's report does not work.

Thanks

Hua

terça-feira, 8 de novembro de 2011 12:15
  • Hi Hua Yang,

Based on product's feedback, it seem that shared dataset is not supported in this version of CTP, but if you can deploy the data source and shared dataset in advance, then deploy the report, you might not encounter this error. Please have a try.

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

quarta-feira, 9 de novembro de 2011 01:38
  • I see.  After I deploy the whole project (so the shared datasources and shared Datasets are both deployed together with the reports), it is working now.

Thank you Challen for the response

• Editado Hua Yang 2008 quinta-feira, 10 de novembro de 2011 09:37 Recheck the solution
    quinta-feira, 10 de novembro de 2011 06:05
  • I get the same error.  Deploying the whole project does not deploy shared datasets.  With the datasource present on Azure reporting server, individually deploying the shared datasets fails with no errors/warnings/info or info in output window other than the following:

Deploy complete -- 0 errors, 0 warnings

========== Build: 1 succeeded or up-to-date, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

========== Deploy: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Mike McIver
    domingo, 11 de dezembro de 2011 23:40
  • Which version of your Azure Reporting?

terça-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2011 01:14
  • CTP3 per the license agreement at the start of create server.
    Mike McIver
    terça-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2011 08:51
  • Hi Mike,

CTP3 support shared dataset, this thread is a little old, could you please create a new one? then we will handle it, you will also receive more replies, please also give the detail information of your issue. Thanks for your understanding.

terça-feira, 13 de dezembro de 2011 09:22
  • Hi Hua Yang,

Thanks,
    Challen Fu

Just for an update on this, SQL Azure Reporting supports shared dataset since CTP3 refresh. To deploy shared datasets make sure you have installed SP1 of SQL Server 2008 : http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=26729

If this post answers your question, please mark it as an answer. If this post is helpful to you, then vote it as helpful.
    TechyFreak | Mobile Development Resources

terça-feira, 13 de março de 2012 18:11