VENTES: 1-800-867-1389

none
Package deployment services are currently unavailable.

Question

• Hi. I recently changed something in my Windows Azure app, stopped and deleted the old deployment and then tried to deploy the new app. Each time I try this, the system works for some time and then finishes with the following error: "Package deployment services are currently unavailable.", but it still allows me to try again to select my files and deploy. Also, the file selection boxes aren't set to default on the correct file types anymore, I can choose any file I want now on each category (App Package and Config Settings).
    Can you please shed some light on this? Thanks.

My Subscription ID: 11930B31-0FFC-4A06-854E-6D4A687CC58B
    mercredi 26 août 2009 12:16

Réponses

• Hi Mihai,

On Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 SR8 our fancy silverlight uploader has a bug in it that we're currently fixing. To prevent this from effecting people the portal uses the standard ASP.Net / WinHTTP most of the time. The ASP.Net control we're using doesn't allow a filter to be set on the dialog box due to browser security (none of the browsers allow this). With the Silverlight control we do have the ability to set a file filter. Based on what you're describing, you're getting the downlevel (aka: Non-Silverlight) experience.

How big is your package?

--
    Chris Mullins
    • Marqué comme réponse Yi-Lun Luo mardi 1 septembre 2009 10:25
    vendredi 28 août 2009 01:04
  • For larger packages, you would have better diagnosability/experience if you first upload it into a storage account and then provide the portal with the location of your package in your storage account. That way you can guarantee that the upload phase is not being the problem in your deployment(which it often is).

vendredi 28 août 2009 16:26

Toutes les réponses

• Thanks for reporting this issue. We're investigating.
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    jeudi 27 août 2009 05:39
  • Hi Mihai,

On Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 SR8 our fancy silverlight uploader has a bug in it that we're currently fixing. To prevent this from effecting people the portal uses the standard ASP.Net / WinHTTP most of the time. The ASP.Net control we're using doesn't allow a filter to be set on the dialog box due to browser security (none of the browsers allow this). With the Silverlight control we do have the ability to set a file filter. Based on what you're describing, you're getting the downlevel (aka: Non-Silverlight) experience.

How big is your package?

--
    Chris Mullins
    vendredi 28 août 2009 01:04
  • Hi Chris,

My package is 81.9 MB. Is there a limit for the package size?!

While I understand that this is not a full time behavior of the Azure deployment system, like you said the system uses the standard ASP.Net / WinHTTP most of the time, not all the time, I just want to mention that before encountering this kind of error, for 2-3 weeks I have done a few successfull deployments of the same project, in the same conditions (same machine with the same development environment and roughly the same package size)... and never encountered the error... maybe this mention helps.

Anyway, thank you for explaining things, I was beginning to worry that the CTP period is 'begining to end' :-)

vendredi 28 août 2009 06:49
  • For larger packages, you would have better diagnosability/experience if you first upload it into a storage account and then provide the portal with the location of your package in your storage account. That way you can guarantee that the upload phase is not being the problem in your deployment(which it often is).

vendredi 28 août 2009 16:26