none
Adding more databses to cloud, no Data transfering

Question

• I am adding another sync group with a second set of data and diffrent filter to our Azure DB. The first on-prem DB is working properly, so I copied the working on-prem DB, ran a script to delete all data in all tables, I deleted data in all datasync tables except for scope, config, and schema (I dont know if that is supposed to be done).  Took the blank DB and did an import from the access DB that i needed the data from, created new sync group new filter, there are no matching Key values between the 2 sets of data, I ran the sync says its good, but no data goes up. After sync was run, if I go into Managment studio and create new record, the new record goes up, but none of the other data does. please help.
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:24 PM

Answers

• did you import the data before you provisioned or after you provisioned the new syncgroup? what tool did you use to import the Access DB?

if you imported the data after you provisioned and the tool you use to import uses bulk copy type of operations that dont fire triggers, the tracking tables are not populated, so no changes are detected.

try removing the sync group and recreating it.

btw, if you want to clean up the sync related objects from the copy of your database, you can run the deprovisioning utility located in the same folder you installed the data sync agent.

• Edited by JuneTMVP, Editor Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wes_77 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:50 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• did you import the data before you provisioned or after you provisioned the new syncgroup? what tool did you use to import the Access DB?

if you imported the data after you provisioned and the tool you use to import uses bulk copy type of operations that dont fire triggers, the tracking tables are not populated, so no changes are detected.

try removing the sync group and recreating it.

btw, if you want to clean up the sync related objects from the copy of your database, you can run the deprovisioning utility located in the same folder you installed the data sync agent.

• Edited by JuneTMVP, Editor Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:51 PM
    • Marked as answer by Wes_77 Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:18 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 3:50 PM
    Answerer
  • Perfect!!, used the cleanup tool to remove Datasyc tables, reregistered with agent put in sync group and BAM!!!

Thank you for the help :-)

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 8:19 PM