none
How to change password for VM

Answers

• Hello

As of now there is no way Subscription owner to reset the password externally or outside the Azure VM. To make changed to Azure VM password you would need to have access to Azure VM. May I ask the exact error you get when you try to access to Azure VM?

If you want to recover the Data from the Azure VM, you sure can attach that VM as data disk to other Azure VM and get the data back.

As password loss could be a significant issue, what you can do is add a new Admin user to your Windows Azure VM just after creating the VM so in case you lost the main password you still have access to same VM using the other admin user.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:26 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Since the issue is related to Iaas, I have moved this thread to Virtual Machine forums for getting a better support.

Thanks for your understanding.

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 3:28 AM
  • Hello

As of now there is no way Subscription owner to reset the password externally or outside the Azure VM. To make changed to Azure VM password you would need to have access to Azure VM. May I ask the exact error you get when you try to access to Azure VM?

If you want to recover the Data from the Azure VM, you sure can attach that VM as data disk to other Azure VM and get the data back.

As password loss could be a significant issue, what you can do is add a new Admin user to your Windows Azure VM just after creating the VM so in case you lost the main password you still have access to same VM using the other admin user.

Regards,

Tuesday, April 02, 2013 7:26 AM
  • Tom is correct.

Thanks!

Patrick [MSFT]

Wednesday, April 03, 2013 7:39 AM