none
Bug in Azure SDK 1.3 and/or Tools for VS2010

Question

• Hi,

We found that when working under source control, debugging a WebRole causes an CommunicationObjectFaultedException to occur. This seems to be related with the web.config file being marked read-only, which is normal when the file is checked-in. When we checkout the web.config file we are able to debug our WebRole.

This problem only occured after upgrading the Azure Tools for VS2010 and the Azure SDK to version 1.3.

Here's a link to some screenshots and a more explicit explination. I'll update my blogpost with the solution when it's found.

With regards,

Patriek
    If this reply is of help to you, please don't forget to mark it as an answer.
    Wednesday, December 01, 2010 8:35 PM

Answers

• UPDATE:

I filed the bug under Id: 626733 at MS Connect

With regards,

Patriek
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Thursday, December 09, 2010 8:49 AM
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 5:25 AM

All replies

• Hello Patriek,

Thanks for the post. I ran into the same problem today and you saved me from spending a bunch of time trying  to figure out how to avoid this issue.

Sincerely,

Bryan Hall

Thursday, December 02, 2010 2:03 AM
  • UPDATE:

I filed the bug under Id: 626733 at MS Connect

With regards,

Patriek
    • Marked as answer by Mog Liang Thursday, December 09, 2010 8:49 AM
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 5:25 AM
  • Nice work Patriek
    Thursday, December 02, 2010 5:27 AM
  • Thanks for posting this, Partiek. My workaround is to check out the Web.config while I'm debugging the cloud project.
    Oleg
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:01 PM
  • Hi Oleg,

Indeed, that's the obvious workaround. I'm wondering if it's going to be fixed in the next release and when that release is scheduled.

Love your work on T4 Tempates by the way ;-)

With regards,

Patriek
    Wednesday, December 22, 2010 6:43 PM