none
Long strings of queries - how to speed up receiving results?

Question

• Hello there,

first off - I'm Polish and I'm far from native, idiomatic English, esp. IT...

Therefore, in my question I'm going to try to be rather descriptive in hope you'll understand what I mean.

The issue is as follows: 

I need to "ask" BING for the TotalWeb values of queries which are pairs of a "key/base word" and the list of associated words, e.g.:

Key Word: Mercedes

List of accociated words: white, blue, red, yellow, black, white, pink, silver, orange, violet.

The above create pairs such, as: Mercedes white, Mercedes blue, Mercedes red,...etc.

I know how to enqiure BING pair by pair, but there is a lag before I get final results and the longer the list, the more I have to wait to receive a set of TotalWeb results.

Is that possible that I send BING a long list of queries (e.g. 5000 pairs at a time) and receive results quickly, instead of waiting for 20 minutes?

Greetings;)

Monday, May 20, 2013 11:22 AM

Answers

• @Rafal_Poland

The maximum  length of a URL in Internet Explorer  is 2,083 characters, with no more than  2,048 characters in the path portion  of the URL. Therefore your query term should be 2,083 less the number of characters required for your entry point and query options.  You can combine multiple query terms using the query operator OR

For instance, your query could be specified as:

(Mercedes white) OR (Mercedes blue) OR (Mercedes red)

Lester

• Marked as answer by Rafal_Poland Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:05 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 11:53 PM

All replies

• @Rafal_Poland

The maximum  length of a URL in Internet Explorer  is 2,083 characters, with no more than  2,048 characters in the path portion  of the URL. Therefore your query term should be 2,083 less the number of characters required for your entry point and query options.  You can combine multiple query terms using the query operator OR

For instance, your query could be specified as:

(Mercedes white) OR (Mercedes blue) OR (Mercedes red)

Lester

• Marked as answer by Rafal_Poland Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:05 AM
    Monday, May 20, 2013 11:53 PM
  • Thanks a lot for help and sorry for such a late reply, anyway;) 

First of all: I've just realised I wrongly understood the term"String of queries", obviously that was not what I asked about. Therefore, I'll try to explain once again:

The goal is to get just the number of pages assigned to a given query;

Imagine the situation:

you ask BING for 5000 queries at a time, i.e. you connect a word "water" + 5000 different verbs in the following way:

water + go

water + play

water + do

water + bottle

etc. (5000 times until you run out of your verbs).

Normally, each time you "ask" a browser it replies with a number assigned to each query (reflecting the number of appearances of this phrase on Internet pages).

Ultimately, the target is to ask BING for this 5000 singular results WITHIN ONE OPERATION and get the results quickly, not having to wait 1-2 seconds for a single result.

How to do that?

Greetings,

Rafał 

Friday, June 07, 2013 7:13 PM