497 Rows, 7 Errors

Question

• On a couple of queries I've done (one html source, one excel table source) once the query has completed, I get the message that a number of rows were created but there were errors. How can I determine what these errors were?
    Sunday, June 09, 2013 2:21 PM

Answers

• Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We are working on improving the error experience for Data Explorer in the future. There are library functions available through which should help identification of error rows and causes of the error in tables. In the Data Explorer editor You can insert a custom step (click Fx in the formula bar) and use two different library functions for either remove rows with errors or only keep those (as an intermediate tool for identifying them and then undoing this step and applying fixes as needed):

Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(<previous_step>)

Table.SelectRowsWithErrors(<previous_step>)

You can find more information about these functions on our Online Help pages (Reference section – Learn About Data Explorer Formulas).

Thanks!

Zafar Abbas, Microsoft

Zafar Abbas

Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:35 PM

All replies

• I have been able to figure out that the issue was non numeric data in a numeric field, but that was by digging through the source. It would be nice to be able to identify the errors in Data Explorer.

Sunday, June 09, 2013 2:50 PM
  • Hi, thanks for your feedback.

We are working on improving the error experience for Data Explorer in the future. There are library functions available through which should help identification of error rows and causes of the error in tables. In the Data Explorer editor You can insert a custom step (click Fx in the formula bar) and use two different library functions for either remove rows with errors or only keep those (as an intermediate tool for identifying them and then undoing this step and applying fixes as needed):

Table.RemoveRowsWithErrors(<previous_step>)

Table.SelectRowsWithErrors(<previous_step>)

You can find more information about these functions on our Online Help pages (Reference section – Learn About Data Explorer Formulas).

Thanks!

Zafar Abbas, Microsoft

Zafar Abbas

Sunday, June 09, 2013 5:35 PM