none
Bing Web Search API/Azure: duplicate results

Question

• Dear all,

I am trying to get the first 100 results on Donald E. Knuth (as an example). (In the following I use zero-based counting to refer to results.)

My first request (results 0 to 49) is:

https://api.datamarket.azure.com/Data.ashx/Bing/Search/Web?Query=%27Donald+Knuth%27&$format=Atom&$top=50&$skip=0

This (currently) gives:

• Result 48 has title "Computer History Museum | Fellow Awards - Donald Knuth";
    • Result 49 has title "Knuth 3:16".

To get the next results  (results 50 to 99) I make the request:

https://api.datamarket.azure.com/Data.ashx/Bing/Search/Web?Query=%27Donald+Knuth%27&$format=Atom&$top=50&$skip=50

Surprisingly, I get the following:

• Result 50 (i.e., result 0 in second request) has tilte "Computer History Museum | Fellow Awards - Donald Knuth";
    • Result 51 (i.e., result 1 in second request) has title "Knuth 3:16"

Result 48 and 50 have exactly the same links (albeit different Emd.Guid's).

I tried with other queries and very often, there is some repetition showing up.

Am I doing something wrong in my queries or is this a none problem?

Thanks for any feedback.

Kaspar

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css">#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; ; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } </style>

Friday, October 26, 2012 4:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Kaspar,

Thanks for reporting. I don't think we encountered this one before, but you are right. The 48,49 replies seem to equal 50,51 for some reason.

Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Max

Monday, October 29, 2012 3:23 AM
  • Thanks, Max, for looking into this. It's very much appreciated.

Kaspar

<style id="_clearly_component__css" type="text/css">#next_pages_container { width: 5px; hight: 5px; ; top: -100px; left: -100px; z-index: 2147483647 !important; } </style>

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 1:31 AM
  • Hi Kaspar,

Thanks for reporting. I don't think we encountered this one before, but you are right. The 48,49 replies seem to equal 50,51 for some reason.

Let me check and get back to you.

Thanks,

Max

Max any luck on resolving this issue?

I'm experiencing the same thing.... in the same format

Marvin

Sunday, July 14, 2013 6:11 PM