none
Azure VM Server is NOT working - No RDP, No web access

Question

• Azure VM Server is NOT working - No RDP, No web access

Here are the symptoms:
    Panel states everything is OK (see below), but nor RDP, or websites are accessible. DEAD!!!
    Support cannot help since it's in beta till another year. We get ZERO support here on the forum.
    How sweet!!! So, Microsoft. What do you think anybody with even a tiny common sense will think about this HYPE? Oh, I am sorry. Did I say that out loud? Well, the cat is out of the bag!

OK! Let's be fair. Everybody deserves another chance, even MS :-)
    Please let me know the result of your magic and send me the pixie dust & magic wand combo.

Azure Panel - Summary

Azure VM Server Panel

Restart using the Panel at https://manage.windowsazure.com/#Workspaces/VirtualMachineExtension/VirtualMachine/5989da1c-60bd-4409-8531-bb8924341a3c__Fashion__Fashion__Fashion/dashboard

After restart it works for a while.
    This is a terrible product so far. MS. Is this another Bob? Please, please, please!!!

Ivan Farkas
    3D HD Soft, LLC

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 7:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Ivan,

I'm sorry to hear that you are running into connectivity issues. We are aware of the connectivity issue and our teams are working towards a fix. In the meanwhile, you can workaround the issue by restarting the VM.

Thanks,

Hari

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:52 PM
  • I have exactly the same problem with a Windows Server 2012 instance, now for the second time.

The VM is completely inaccessible, and the dashboard graph no longer updates.  Rebooting in the web interface goes through the motions and confirms success, but it's still inaccessible and the graph still does not update.

I could destroy the VM and start over again for the second time, but at this stage it seems to be a waste of time.  

I have a Linux instance as well, and that has been okay.

Is this service really going to be in beta for another year?  I suppose there are quite a lot of missing features that hopefully will be added over that time at least.

The interface is really nice, albeit a bit too basic in functionality.

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:51 AM
  • Hi Hari,

I do understand that this is beta, but if I cannot log in, there is nothing to test, right?
    Please let me know when this MS VM gets to the beta level and I can test (access & login required :-)  ).
    Right now this is at the "Hey buddy, check this out" stage.
    I'd prefer "Look Ma, no hands" stage.
    Thank you very much for your continous and promp effort in advance.

Ivan Farkas
    3D HD Soft, LLC

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:43 PM