none
Report Viewer error on export PDF or Excel from Azure Web Sites

Question

• Hi,
    When I try to export any RDLC report on PDF or Excel I obtain the error:

[ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.]
       System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc() +1153145
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RichText.LineBreaker.Flow(TextBox textBox, Graphics g, FontCache fontCache, FlowContext flowContext, Boolean keepLines, Single& height) +75

I Try with Microsoft.ReportViewer.WebForms.dll version 10.0.40219.329 (Report Viewer 2010) and with version 11.0.40219.329. (Report Viewer 2012).

The same code works on premises server or on "Azure Cloud Service" Web Instance.

Any help would be highly appreciated.
    Thanks.

LQ

Monday, July 02, 2012 3:04 PM

Answers

• We are able to reproduce this issue locally, and knows what happened as well. We have an item tracking this issue, we will keep you posted on the status. but at this moment, we don't have to much to share what will go on.

Thanks,

Wei

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This calls into an native GDI API, and that API returns an error code which translated to invalid parameter. I could see couple of customer cases on Premise environment as well. This better goes to ReportingService or GDI forums.

thanks,

Wei

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:48 AM
  • Hi,

This calls into an native GDI API, and that API returns an error code which translated to invalid parameter. I could see couple of customer cases on Premise environment as well. This better goes to ReportingService or GDI forums.

thanks,

Wei

This is an issue with the ReportViewer on Azure Website platform.  I have run into exactly the same scenario.

As the O.P. stated, it works in Azure Cloud Service, the issue in on Azure Website platform, so this is a platform dependent bug and therefore this should be the appropriate forum.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 11:17 PM
  • This was reported here: Previously reported issue and passed off and closed by the admins.  As reported in that thread, the bug exists on the Azure Web Site platform, as the original poster explained.  It does not occur in Azure services.  This is a platform dependent bug, and should be addressed in this forum and not passed off as a ReportViewer bug or GDI bug, kicking the issue down the road where it will most likely not be addressed.

Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:54 PM
  • Hi. We'll have to look into this further and let you know. It will take a little time to set this up and check into it.

Thanks.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Thursday, September 06, 2012 1:23 PM
  • Hi Mzerda,

Can you please past the full exception include call stacks here? And give us a simple project to reproduce this issue?

Thanks,

Wei

Friday, September 07, 2012 1:26 AM
  • Hello

I am also getting this error when trying to render a PDF report.

Call stack pasted below.

Thanks
    David

Parameter is not valid.

Description:
    An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web
    request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and
    where it originated in the code.

Exception Details:
    System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.

Source
    Error:
    An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the
    current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the
    exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:
       System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc() +1153145
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RichText.LineBreaker.Flow(TextBox textBox, Graphics g, FontCache fontCache, FlowContext flowContext, Boolean keepLines, Single& height) +63
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.RichText.TextBox.MeasureFullHeight(TextBox textBox, Graphics g, FontCache fontCache, FlowContext flowContext, Single& contentHeight) +489
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.TextBox.DetermineVerticalSize(PageContext pageContext, Double topInParentSystem, Double bottomInParentSystem, List`1 ancestors, Boolean& anyAncestorHasKT, Boolean hasUnpinnedAncestors) +386
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.PageItem.CalculateVertical(PageContext pageContext, Double topInParentSystem, Double bottomInParentSystem, PageItem[] siblings, List`1 ancestors, Boolean& anyAncestorHasKT, Boolean hasUnpinnedAncestors, Nullable`1 sourceWidth) +704
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.RowInfo.CalculateVerticalLastDetailCell(PageContext context, Boolean firstTouch, Boolean delayCalc) +419
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateDetailCell(Tablix tablix, TablixMember colMemberParent, Int32 colGridIndex, RowInfo rowInfo, PageContext pageContext) +826
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.TraverseColumnMembers(Tablix tablix, TablixMember colMemberParent, Int32 parentColIndex, RowInfo currRowInfo, Boolean create, Double startInTablix, Double endInTablix, Int32& detailCellIndex, Int32& visibleSpan, List`1 detailCellsState, PageContext pageContext) +108
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.TraverseColumnMembers(Tablix tablix, TablixMember colMemberParent, Int32 parentColIndex, RowInfo currRowInfo, Boolean create, Double startInTablix, Double endInTablix, Int32& detailCellIndex, Int32& visibleSpan, List`1 detailCellsState, PageContext pageContext) +862
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateDetailRow(Tablix tablix, TablixMember rowMemberParent, Int32 parentRowIndex, Int32 parentColIndex, PageContext pageContext) +292
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateRowMemberChildren(Tablix tablix, TablixMember rowMemberParent, Int32 defTreeLevel, Boolean parentBorderHeader, Int32 parentRowIndex, Int32 parentColIndex, Int32 sourceIndex, Boolean resetContext, Boolean parentHasFooters, LevelInfo parentLevelInfo, PageContext pageContext) +139
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateRowMemberChildren(Tablix tablix, TablixMember rowMemberParent, Int32 defTreeLevel, Boolean parentBorderHeader, Int32 parentRowIndex, Int32 parentColIndex, Int32 sourceIndex, Boolean resetContext, Boolean parentHasFooters, LevelInfo parentLevelInfo, PageContext pageContext) +3529
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateTablixRows(Tablix tablix, TablixMember rowMemberParent, Int32 defTreeLevel, Boolean parentBorderHeader, Int32 parentRowIndex, Int32 parentColIndex, List`1& pageStructMemberCell, Boolean ignoreTotals, Boolean& finishLevel, Boolean parentHasFooters, CreateItemsContext createItems, Double startInTablix, Double endInTablix, PageContext pageContext) +3034
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateTablixItems(Tablix tablix, PageContext pageContext, CreateItemsContext createItems, Double startInTablix, Double endInTablix) +113
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.CreateVertically(PageContext pageContext, CreateItemsContext createItems, Double startInTablix, Double endInTablix, Double topInParentSystem) +290
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Tablix.DetermineVerticalSize(PageContext pageContext, Double topInParentSystem, Double bottomInParentSystem, List`1 ancestors, Boolean& anyAncestorHasKT, Boolean hasUnpinnedAncestors) +636
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.PageItem.CalculateVertical(PageContext pageContext, Double topInParentSystem, Double bottomInParentSystem, PageItem[] siblings, List`1 ancestors, Boolean& anyAncestorHasKT, Boolean hasUnpinnedAncestors, Nullable`1 sourceWidth) +704
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.PageItemContainer.DetermineContentVerticalSize(PageContext pageContext, Double topInParentSystem, Double bottomInParentSystem, List`1 ancestors, Boolean& anyAncestorHasKT, Boolean hasUnpinnedAncestors, Boolean resolveState, Boolean resolveItem) +281
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.PageItemContainer.DetermineVerticalSize(PageContext pageContext, Double topInParentSystem, Double bottomInParentSystem, List`1 ancestors, Boolean& anyAncestorHasKT, Boolean hasUnpinnedAncestors) +145
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.Report.NextPage(RPLWriter rplWriter, Int32 page, Int32 totalPages) +833
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.HPBProcessing.NextPage() +54
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.HPBProcessing.Init(Report report, PaginationSettings pagination, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream, Hashtable& renderProperties) +356
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.HPBProcessing.HPBProcessing..ctor(Report report, PaginationSettings pagination, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream, Hashtable& renderProperties) +35
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.PDFRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, Hashtable renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream) +110
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.RendererBase.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream) +67

[LocalProcessingException: An error occurred during local report processing.]
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings) +346
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings) +147
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings) +31

Monday, September 10, 2012 8:13 PM
  • Hi Retne,

I have read the source code, and it called into a native API. To move further, can I have a repro?

Thanks,

Wei

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 7:25 AM
  • Code to repro below:

Dim renderedBytes() As Byte
    Dim reportType As String
    Dim mimeType As String
    Dim encoding As String
    Dim streams() As String = Nothing
    Dim deviceInfo As String
    Dim warnings As Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Warning() = Nothing
    renderedBytes = Nothing
    reportType = "PDF"
    mimeType = "application/pdf"
    encoding = Nothing
    deviceInfo = "<DeviceInfo><OutputFormat>PDF</OutputFormat><PageWidth>297mm</PageWidth><PageHeight>210mm</PageHeight><MarginLeft>5mm</MarginLeft><MarginRight>5mm</MarginRight><MarginTop>5mm</MarginTop><MarginBottom>5mm</MarginBottom></DeviceInfo>"

renderedBytes = ReportViewer1.LocalReport.Render(reportType, deviceInfo, mimeType, encoding, "PDF", streams, warnings)

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.Clear()
    System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.ContentType = mimeType

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.AddHeader("content-disposition", "attachment; filename=FEE_SUMMARY.PDF")

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.BinaryWrite(renderedBytes)

System.Web.HttpContext.Current.Response.End()

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 8:24 AM
  • Hi,

I'm having the exact same problem with my starting project on Azure,

i must also add thei information : even the export button from the reportviewer control on the page gives exactly the same error message as when you use the render from code.

thanks

Tuesday, September 11, 2012 9:08 AM
  • Hi Retne,

unfortunately, this code is not working. It even not pass the compilation. there is no rdlc specified, no data source specified, etc.

Thanks,

Wei

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 3:16 AM
  • No worries, I have reproduced the problem myself. Will update you once I found the cause and solution.

Thanks,

Wei

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:45 AM
  • I was gone for the weekend and happy to return and find others stepping in to assist in this issue -- thanks to all!  Thanks also to the admins for the quick service in reproducing the problem! 

• Proposed as answer by Digital Consult Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:40 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Digital Consult Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:41 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 7:09 PM
  • I have been  searching for a solution all day long (all my project depends on this) and by reading many different topics (including on oher reporting solutions) here was my conclusion:

the render pdf uses the gdi+ api, but that api need more permission than what we get in azure website rôle,

so i decided to convert my project into a web role for azure. And there, after many hours (thanks to the very very slow publishing process for web role), i managed to have the reportviewer render to pdf, bye bye the depressing "parameter is not valid"

from what i read the difference lies with the fact that web role can be configured with .net full trust

hope it helps

• Proposed as answer by Digital Consult Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:44 PM
    • Unproposed as answer by Digital Consult Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:45 PM
    Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:42 PM
  • This makes sense. Usually, it this was due to assembly security, we use to get a securityexception. I will try to dig out the cause.

thanks,

Wei

Thursday, September 13, 2012 2:02 AM
  • Hello Digital Consult

I am glad you have found a workaround for your project however this does not work for me as I need to find a way of getting it working on the Azure Websites platform, I already have projects working OK on web roles.

Any help by others much appreciated.

Thanks

Thursday, September 13, 2012 8:44 AM
  • I understand, and converting my project was not my first choice either.

but from all i have read about different reporting solutions, i came to the point that making it work on Azure website may be impossible at this time, until Microsoft modify the website platform.

yesterday i also tried the reporting solution from telerik, which is stated to work in azure, and in Azure website it was not workign either.

Thursday, September 13, 2012 10:18 AM
  • Any news on a resolution to this problem?

Thanks

Friday, September 14, 2012 8:41 AM
  • I am still in the process to get permission to debug this on the live servers.

thanks,

Wei

Monday, September 17, 2012 3:26 AM
  • Hi WZhao

Are you any closer to getting permission to debug this problem.

Thanks

Monday, September 24, 2012 7:00 PM
  • FYI:  I am trying to move a site to Azure and am getting the exact same exception (the stack is identical).

This line of the stack got my attention:

Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer

The report has a logo on it which may be related.

Steve Wellens

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 1:02 AM
  • I live debugged this issue with my repro. Here is my findings.

Reporting Service called into GDI, and finally failed with this call(CreateCompatibleDC(null)).

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd183489(v=vs.85).aspx

The CreateCompatibleDC function creates a memory device context (DC) compatible with the specified device. If this handle is NULL, the function creates a memory DC compatible with the application's current screen.

Based on this MSDN description, instead of security issue, I believe this issue related to user profiles. Azure Web Role, the default application pool identity is Network Service. For Windows Azure Web Site, the default identity is a random generated account. This should makes the difference.

I am trying to create a case to test this, will keep you posted.

Thanks,

Wei

Tuesday, September 25, 2012 7:55 AM
  • Wei,

It sounds like your are on the right track!   Thanks for keeping us informed.

[EDIT]  Would it make sense to open a support ticket?

Steve Wellens

Wednesday, September 26, 2012 12:39 AM
  • Thanks Steve.

We have identified what happened. For security issue, Windows Azure Web Sites restricts the web application to access some system resources(Including GDI API). We are now tirage on this issue, and will update as soon as I have an update.

Thanks,

Wei

Monday, October 01, 2012 7:47 AM
  • We are now tirage on this issue...

Tirage?   I'm not sure what you meant.

Steve Wellens

Wednesday, October 03, 2012 4:21 PM
  • I have the same issue, It was solved?

yorengoy

Friday, October 12, 2012 2:10 AM
  • Why was this marked as an answer?

It's not resolved and Microsoft is studying the issue.

Steve Wellens

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:12 PM
  • No, it is not solved.

Steve Wellens

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:14 PM
  • Steve,

This was marked as answered months ago after Wei posted that this happen on-premise as well and was related to a GDI API call. It was after that time that more information surfaced, so I've unmarked it.

I believe that it was determined that this is caused by the fact that WAWS doesn't allow certain APIs, but I'll let Wei comment on that.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Friday, October 12, 2012 4:16 PM
  • It's definitely NOT resolved!  From my understanding it's going to need Web Sites to loosen security settings so the control can make GDI calls or the control will need a hot-fix to find an alternative to making GDI calls for PDF rendering.  Also my understanding that Microsoft was working on a fix -- I hope I'm not mistaken.  I think it is obvious by the number of people who have run into this issue (just in this thread alone), that this is a serious issue that needs a resolution.

Wei's last response mentioned something about "tirage"... I think he meant "triage" which would imply a forthcoming resolution (again, I hope I am not mistaken).

• Edited by mzerda Friday, October 12, 2012 7:05 PM
    Friday, October 12, 2012 7:02 PM
  • We are able to reproduce this issue locally, and knows what happened as well. We have an item tracking this issue, we will keep you posted on the status. but at this moment, we don't have to much to share what will go on.

Thanks,

Wei

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:38 AM
  • For tracking purposes, I'm marking this as answered. We are tracking this issue internally.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Monday, October 15, 2012 2:29 PM
  • Is there any progress on this issue?  Do you have a timesacale on a resolution?

Thanks

Monday, October 29, 2012 11:55 AM
  • Is there anyway for us to track this issue, besides this thread?

Thank you,

Tuesday, October 30, 2012 12:12 AM
  • Jim

Is there any progress on this issue or a workaround?  It is holding up progress on a couple of our projects.

Thanks
    David

Monday, November 12, 2012 11:42 AM
  • I run into the same problem. Just as i was discovering the fast Azure Website deployment for dev/test.

Hope a solution will be there some time ssoon.

peter

-- Peter

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 10:36 PM
  • sorry guys, this is still on our plate.
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 2:53 AM
  • hey guys, just to let you know we are watching this thread!

I have the same problem. It's been several months since this issue has been reported. Please do something, the PDF export feature is crucial for my website http://www.CanvasBM.com so if nothing happens this week I'm moving my website to the old hosting, which is much cheaper by the way for my 1000+ visitors per month. Azure is too expensive for me at this moment $30+/mo!

http://victorantos.com

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 12:43 PM
  • After much wasted time and hair pulling I have arrived here to find out MS is at fault not my reportviewer. Hopefully they will play nice together soon. In the mean time I have a (not pretty) workaround for the saving to a PDF. I installed the free download CutePDF™ Writer by Acro Software, Inc on the computers that access the site and need to save the report to a PDF. Since your ReportViewer does print successfully from Azure this program will intercept the print and save it to a PDF file instead.

• Edited by SSDiver2112 Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:42 PM
    Thursday, December 13, 2012 9:41 PM
  • Hi Guys,

Same problem here. Any news?

Thanks

Monday, December 17, 2012 2:48 PM
  • Can we please get an update as to if and when this will be fixed?  This not working is a deal breaker right now.
    • Edited by tnavjav Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:33 AM
    Wednesday, December 26, 2012 2:32 AM
  • I'm having the same issue here using Telerik Reporting directly to PDF. Seems like the only work around is to convert my web application into a Cloud Service.

WZhao - You said that this is still on Microsoft's plate. Is this something that will be fixed within Azure Websites or are Cloud Services our only solution?

Thank you,

Shawn

Thursday, January 03, 2013 1:12 PM
  • Same problem here. Any news?
    Thursday, January 10, 2013 6:40 PM
  • I'm having the same problem. Not being able to render the ReportViewer "kills" the possibility of having a LOB app in Azure WebSites.

Is there an expected date for this to be solved?

Thursday, January 10, 2013 7:13 PM
  • I am seeing the same error.  Is there an update for this issue or is there another thread that we can follow?

Thanks,
    Garry

Friday, January 11, 2013 3:30 AM
  • There are some intricacies involved in opening up this capability that will have to be dealt with before this will work, and there is no promise that those can be resolved. As of right now, we don't have any announcements to make.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Friday, January 11, 2013 2:28 PM
  • Jim

Thanks for the update.  Very disappointed with your original answer that the the fix would not happen in the short term.  Even more disappointed that you have changed your answer to say that a fix may never happen.  It has taken 4 months to get to this position. 

I am a big fan of Azure Web Sites but this news really causes a major problem for several of our projects.  If I can use the ReportViewer PDF Export on Windows shared hosting platforms provided by most Hosting companies why I can I not use it on Azure Web Sites?

If a fix is not going to happen short term, or ever, what is your official advice for reporting on sites that are going to be deployed on Azure Web Sites, what is the work around or alternative.  Are you saying Azure Web Sites is not suitable for any project that involve reports?  Is there any other functionality that will not work on Azure Web Sites?  Can you add this to the documetation so we don't waste our time deploying projects that are never going to work?

Regards
    David

• Edited by retne Monday, January 14, 2013 9:53 AM spelling
    Monday, January 14, 2013 9:52 AM
  • I did not intent to imply that this will never be addressed. Resolving this is in the long-term plans, but a fix won't happen in the short-term.

Thanks.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Monday, January 14, 2013 4:20 PM
  • I did not intent to imply that this will never be addressed. Resolving this is in the long-term plans, but a fix won't happen in the short-term.

Thanks.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

This issue was first brought to your attention in early July, last year, and just now you're saying this won't be resolved any time soon.

Let's just be frank here -- HUMONGOUS FAIL!!!

• Edited by mzerda Monday, January 14, 2013 7:42 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 7:41 PM
  • Jim

Thanks for the reply.  Can you give me an idea what short term and long term mean?  As I have previously stated this has been going on for 4 months already.

Regards
    David

Monday, January 14, 2013 7:48 PM
  • We don't have any announcements to make regarding timelines. All I can tell you is that it is on the long-term plan.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Monday, January 14, 2013 10:35 PM
  • Jim

I am not asking for an announcement, I simply want to understand what timeframe you mean when you say 'short term' and what time frame you mean when you say 'long term'.  This will help me make some informed decisions.  Is long term more than six months for example?

Also, can you explain why this is still a problem with the Reserved-Instance model when this uses a dedicated virtual machine.  

Regards
    David  

• Edited by retne Monday, January 14, 2013 11:21 PM
    Monday, January 14, 2013 11:20 PM
  • Hi, David. I really can't give you a timeline, not because I'm trying to avoid it, but simply because we don't know. However, I can tell you that it's not likely to happen within six months.

This capability is not enabled in any scale mode for Windows Azure Web Sites. We don't have different feature sets in different staging modes.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Tuesday, January 15, 2013 1:35 AM
  • Hi,

I am trying to port a hosted application across to Azure Websites and have hit this problem with Reporting Services under Azure Websites.

We need to be able to produce invoices in pdf output format so that they're viewable on tablets and cannot be [easily] amended by the receiving customer.

Is there likely to be a solution in the near future or should I be looking at other reporting tools ?

Chris C.

Cloud Software

Saturday, March 16, 2013 11:33 PM
  • Hi, Chris. If you're looking for the ability to generate PDF files server-side via WAWS, it's not something that you can expect to be able to do within the next few months at least.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Monday, March 18, 2013 1:07 PM
  • Hi Chris

For producing invoices as PDF i would recommend using dox42 (www.dox42.com).

Right this week we released dox42 3.1 which can run on Azure Websites.

HTH + best regards
    Christian

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 2:57 PM
  • Because of this issue, I am now using Azure Reporting Services.  Export to PDF is working, however export to Excel does not work when the report has a Chart. 

I have created a new question for this issue, but I haven't received a reply.  Are these exceptions related?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ssdsgetstarted/thread/71b6c20d-f902-408d-a81f-5f1f7bb7b7b9/#71b6c20d-f902-408d-a81f-5f1f7bb7b7b9

Thanks,

Garry

• Edited by Garry English Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:12 AM typos
    Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:09 AM
  • So has everyone come to the conclusion that this will never get resolved? 
    Friday, July 05, 2013 3:50 PM
  • I've been following this thread now for over a year, and this is the largest issue that has kept me from migrating most of my site to Azure Web Sites.  I've worked around this by using VMs, but it's a little upsetting that not only has there not been a fix, there hasn't even been an announcement of when this could be fixed.  Being able to generate PDFs is a fairly simple requirement for a website, and using Reporting Services is a bit of an overkill in many situations.  

Has anyone come up with a simple work around or other idea that doesn't involve rewriting a lot of code?  

Sunday, August 18, 2013 2:26 PM
  • I did find a workaround to report viewer control long time ago.

I think am using  iTextSharp or somehting like this to generate a PDF file, you can see it here http://www.CanvasBm.com the 'PDF export' link at the bottom of the page.

There is canvas.rdlc file on the server which I dynamically data bind. 

http://victorantos.com

Sunday, August 18, 2013 3:08 PM
  • I have the same issue and waiting a long time for an answer. Disappointed.  No resolution for this and will likely cause me to move my site. Anyone have experience with Amazon cloud services or any other service out there? 

Monday, August 26, 2013 12:47 AM
  • Any news here? Got the same error from my azure website:

System.Drawing.Graphics.GetHdc() +1144409

It's working as a cloud service.

Azure showstopper =(

Regards

• Edited by ep7000 Friday, September 20, 2013 1:45 PM
    Friday, September 20, 2013 1:44 PM
  • Same problem here :/

Is there any workaround ? Azure SQL reporting is too expensive for a site generating 15 reports A DAY (not per hour !).

Does Microsoft think  that websites generating a few reports have to forget reporting or move to standard windows hosting provs ? Why ? 

@Victor Antofica : please could you clarify you August post about the relation between rdlc you have on the server and iTextSharp ?

Marco

Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:49 AM
  • I am blocked by this issue as well.  I use Telerik Reporting, and can not migrate onto cloud solution until my users can use reporting.
    Tuesday, October 01, 2013 6:00 PM
  • You won't be able to do PDF generation server-side with WAWS because we don't allow the necessary APIs. Your options are to use a Web Role or to use an Azure VM.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Monday, November 04, 2013 5:31 PM
  • Is this the final answer? If so, I am afraid I will have to look for a new hosting solution. How can you just not support something that is critical to so many sites? 
    Tuesday, January 07, 2014 1:19 PM
  • I am new to the Azure platform and currently evaluating key elements before committing fully. This issue seems to be causing me concern and may, as in Bbecks reply prompt me to investigate other hosting solutions. I would agree with BBecks that MS should support the use of Reportviewer and the export to PDF function as this is fundamental to a vast number of business sites. 

Other than Web role and Azure VM which seem a little over kill, is there any solutions available or enhancements in the pipeline that would resolve this issue.

Is this a feature or by design?

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 6:02 PM
  • Hello Wei.

Any news about this issue?

Do you have any workaround to produce a file from a windows azure web site?

It is actually a really problem.

Thanks a lot,

Stéphane.

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:00 AM
  • As of right now, this is by-design. Some APIs are not allowed in WAWS for security and performance reasons. The GDI APIs that are necessary for generating PDF files are among those that are blocked.

Jim Cheshire | Microsoft

Friday, February 14, 2014 3:00 PM
  • I can understand this when a site is running in Free or Shared mode but I don't see how it could be a security issue for sites running in Standard mode?

Regards

David

Friday, February 14, 2014 3:12 PM
  • Hi,

> I'm having the same problem. Not being able to render the ReportViewer "kills" the possibility of having a LOB app in Azure WebSites.

I personally think, that this so called security issue is just a friendlier word for MS strictly saying, no we dont't want for pure marketing and mainly money reasons that you can use LOB apps with Azure WebSites, If you want to do LOB apps you have to use the more expensive Web services ...

I don't expect any change on that

mfg

Klaus Oberdalhoff 

Klaus Oberdalhoff Germany

• Proposed as answer by juanch0x Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:10 PM
    Wednesday, April 02, 2014 2:45 PM
  • David,

Good point ! Why it is not working in basic and standard mode ? Specially now with the basic mode (better price) it would be easier to recommend this service to customers...

Friday, April 04, 2014 1:24 PM
  • After using Microsoft cloud since 2009, it is very hard to understand. Please explain me, why it can work as a Web Role, but not as a Web Site. I would understand, when you tell I have to use Web hosting plan mode standard to fix security stuff.

I really don't want to use  a Web Role. Looking to the progresses, I feel, that Microsoft is putting more energy in Web Sites as in Web Roles. Also the deployment of Web Roles is very slow and complicated in its life cycle. Specially when you have many customers and you need quick (re)actions deploying on a Web Role is a real show stopper. A project which covers also non Azure solutions is also very hard to maintain on Web Role projects. With Web Site I have one project for any target.

In the modern world, I see it as a base functionality to generate PDF files out of reporting as example. It is hard to believe, that Microsoft is complete ignoring our demands and want to move their customers in something they don't want. Cheers.

Saturday, May 17, 2014 7:11 AM
  • This issue has been fixed for "Windows Azure Pack - Web Sites" (WAP) and will be available in July update. For "Windows Azure Web Sites" there is no ETA but we will keep you posted.
    Monday, May 19, 2014 7:58 PM
  • Come on, Microsoft guys! I can not believe it has been two years already. Coming up with the solution for Windows Azure Web Sites is a common sense (I mean that at least for Standard tier). 

Web Roles are fantastic but let's get real:

• Web roles suck at continuous development&deployment of smaller projects.
    • Reporting Tools that use GDI API are so ubiquitous nowadays that developers and users take them for granted.

I would like to know where exactly is the problem? Is it the fact that Shared (free, basic) and Standard tier share the same technology platform? I'm sure that clever guys from Microsoft can think of something to solve that in no time. ;-)

Best Regards,

Damir

Thursday, May 29, 2014 3:25 PM
  • "This issue has been fixed for "Windows Azure Pack - Web Sites" (WAP) and will be available in July update. For "Windows Azure Web Sites" there is no ETA but we will keep you posted." ---->not working

I have the same problem and can not find an effective solution, can someone help please.

Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:13 PM
  • I realize that this has been a long standing issue, with not much to show for yet. But we're actually making some progress on getting this fixed, and we need your help to test it!

If you have a site that hits this issue and would like to help out, please email me at david.ebbo (at) microsoft.com.

thanks!
    David

Monday, June 02, 2014 10:10 PM
  • Thank you for looking into this issue. We created a reproduction web app demonstrating our use-case and occurring errors.

It is available on github. Just let me know if this works for you as a repro sample. It could also be extended by other parties that face the same issue in slightly different scenarios or with other libraries.

Kind regards,

Simon

Thursday, June 05, 2014 12:54 PM
  • Thanks Simon! We tried this on a test deployment with the fix, and it appears to work fine. That is licking wither button goes back to the same page, with no exception. Looking at the code, I assume that's what 'success' is for this app.

David

Thursday, June 05, 2014 7:01 PM
  • Please what is the ultimate solution when published?

Thursday, June 05, 2014 7:51 PM
  • The fix that we're working on will address at least some of these scenarios, so things will just start working after it gets deployed (timeframe is not clear yet, but shouldn't be too far out).
    Thursday, June 05, 2014 8:15 PM
  • Thank you for trying our sample, David.

As the readme states: "The app contains a button for each test. Clicking a button causes a reload of the page. If the default page reappears everything went fine. An error will be displayed if an exception occurred."

If you have a look at my deployed version on azure websites you can see the errors currently occurring.

Now let's all hope for a quick rollout .. :)

Simon

• Edited by Simon_O Thursday, June 05, 2014 8:46 PM
    Thursday, June 05, 2014 8:45 PM
  • Sorry, missed the readme :)

Yes, I get the same error when deployed on Azure, and no errors in test env.

Thursday, June 05, 2014 9:16 PM
  • To set correct expectations, please note that the fix we are working on will initially only work with sites running in Basic and Standard mode, and not in Free/Shared mode. It may be that general support could come later, but we are taking this one step at a time :)
    Friday, June 06, 2014 6:02 PM
  • any estimated date the fix will be applied into azure website live environment ? We got the same problem 

Thanks

Tuesday, June 10, 2014 8:36 PM
  • We have now deployed the fix in the South Central US region. The reason it's only in one region right now is that we are still in the testing phase, and we are looking for confirmation from users before we deploy further.

If you'd like to help verify the fix, please do the following:

1. Create a new site in the South Central US region
    2. Scale it to be in Basic or Standard mode (the fix only apply to those modes for now)
    3. Deploy your test site to it
    4. Test your PDF scenario that has been failing
    5. Reply to this thread to let us know whether it worked
    6. Delete your test site when you're done with it

Note that creating a Basic/Standard site is not free, but the cost will be very small if you only keep it for testing. e.g. a couple hours of testing in Basic mode will cost you 15 cents (see pricing page).

While the primary purpose right now is to just validate the fix, if things work for you and running in South Central US is an option, you are certainly welcome to run your real site there.

Please let us know how this fix fares on your app. Thanks a lot for your help in making this move forward.

David

• Edited by David Ebbo Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:08 PM
    Wednesday, June 11, 2014 1:05 PM
  • mr david

as u suggested,  i create

• new site (basic- south central US)
    • new db (basic 100mb - south central US)

my subs is pay as you go

it's still display "An error occurred while processing your request."
    right now, i will try again with a little more simple project and re-publish again

thanks anyway for your progress :)

edited:

My third attempt (with more simple project) still error. I think i miss some detail here.

I will wait other people result. Thanks :)

• Edited by resa.skunk Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:58 AM update
    Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:47 AM
  • Hello: 

Did exactly as advertised above - it is giving a different error this time now "Out of Memory Exception". Stack trace is reproduced below. We are trying to move our sites to Azure, however getting this VS reporting thing fixed it a top priority. Any help will be appreciated!

Thanks

Tabraiz

[OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.]
       System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal(IntPtr hdc) +1151173
       System.Drawing.Font.ToLogFont(Object logFont) +145
       System.Drawing.Font.ToHfont() +98
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.PDFWriter.WriteFont(PDFFont pdfFont) +342
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.PDFWriter.EndReport() +615
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.PDFRenderer.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, Hashtable renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream) +728
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.Rendering.ImageRenderer.RendererBase.Render(Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream) +87
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.Execution.RenderReport.InvokeRenderer(IRenderingExtension renderer, Report report, NameValueCollection reportServerParameters, NameValueCollection deviceInfo, NameValueCollection clientCapabilities, Hashtable& renderProperties, CreateAndRegisterStream createAndRegisterStream) +28
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.Execution.RenderReport.Execute(IRenderingExtension newRenderer) +550

[ReportProcessingException: An unexpected error occurred in Report Processing.]
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.Execution.RenderReport.Execute(IRenderingExtension newRenderer) +832
       Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessing.RenderReport(IRenderingExtension newRenderer, DateTime executionTimeStamp, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, IChunkFactory yukonCompiledDefinition) +213
       Microsoft.Reporting.LocalService.CreateSnapshotAndRender(ReportProcessing repProc, IRenderingExtension renderer, ProcessingContext pc, RenderingContext rc, SubreportCallbackHandler subreportHandler, ParameterInfoCollection parameters, DatasourceCredentialsCollection credentials) +52
       Microsoft.Reporting.LocalService.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, String paginationMode, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, IEnumerable dataSources, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback) +522
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings) +139

[LocalProcessingException: An error occurred during local report processing.]
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, CreateAndRegisterStream createStreamCallback, Warning[]& warnings) +167
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.InternalRender(String format, Boolean allowInternalRenderers, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings) +119
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.LocalReport.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, PageCountMode pageCountMode, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings) +31
       Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.Report.Render(String format, String deviceInfo, String& mimeType, String& encoding, String& fileNameExtension, String[]& streams, Warning[]& warnings) +30
       SIMS.Controllers.ReportController.SalesQuotationSingle(Int32 ID, String comments, Byte reportExportFormat) in d:\Projects\SIMS V2\SIMS\Controllers\ReportController.cs:341
       lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +192
       System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +14
       System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +194
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +56
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +256
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +22
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +190
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +309
       System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +105
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +88
       System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +34
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +19
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +10
       System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
       System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
       System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
       System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
       System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
       System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +9515776
       System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +155

Saturday, June 14, 2014 11:55 AM
  • So far, we've had two user scenarios that were broken before and that work with the fix, but it's possible that there are still scenarios that don't work.

For reference, here is one test app that started working with the fix: https://github.com/software-architects/AzureWebsitesGetHdcTest.

If you have a scenario that still doesn't work, what we need from you is a repro app that we can try ourselves so we can investigate further. Thanks for helping out!

• Edited by David Ebbo Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:37 PM
    Saturday, June 14, 2014 5:35 PM
  • One more thing: Tabraiz, could you give me the name of the test site where you got this exception? That would allow us to check some logs on our side, which hopefully will give us some clues about the problem.
    • Edited by David Ebbo Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:02 PM
    Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:01 PM
  • Hi David / Thanks for your response. The site is http://mscgroup.azurewebsites.net/

I will also double check this at my end with my team to ensure that we are on the same page. Will keep you posted on the progress. Cheers!

Monday, June 16, 2014 7:17 AM
  • Hi David,

Quick update for you - we deployed a second application to the same server under a virtual directory and it is allowing PDF exports perfectly. We are comparing the code base and will let you know our findings.

P.S. The first application we have three different report export options; PDF,EXCEL,DOC - The PDF and Excel are giving memory errors while the DOC is working fine.

Tabraiz

Monday, June 16, 2014 11:56 AM
  • Tabraiz, I have patched your VM in production.  Can you try to hit it again.  You seem to be forcing authentication in your site and I don't have credentials.  So while I did a patch, I don't know if it actually works.  

Getting these PDFs to work is a bit tricky in our sandbox so thanks for your patience in helping me debug this.  

Monday, June 16, 2014 4:49 PM
  • Hi David,

We are having the same problem with a site that uses the Telerik Grid control.  The grid works fine except for when you try to export the grid contents to an Excel file formatted as BIFF.  Then we also get the "out of memory" error.

I deployed the site to the South Central US region tonight to test if it works there and it still is throwing the error.  If you need additional details I can give you a login and some instructions to duplicate it yourself.  The stack is below.

Dan

[OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.]
       System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal(IntPtr hdc) +1151173
       System.Drawing.Font.ToLogFont(Object logFont) +145
       Telerik.Web.UI.ExcelBiff.Font.GetData() +379
       Telerik.Web.UI.ExcelBiff.Workbook..cctor() +122

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Telerik.Web.UI.ExcelBiff.Workbook' threw an exception.]
       Telerik.Web.UI.ExcelBiff.Workbook..ctor() +0
       Telerik.Web.UI.ExportInfrastructure.XlsBiffRenderer.Render() +45
       Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.Export.TableViewExporter.ExcelExportRenderForm(HtmlTextWriter nullWriter, Control form) +848
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +102
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlContainerControl.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +32
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.Render(HtmlTextWriter output) +53
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
       System.Web.UI.HtmlControls.HtmlForm.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +40
       Telerik.Web.UI.Grid.Export.TableViewExporter.ExcelExportRenderPage(HtmlTextWriter nullWriter, Control page) +108
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildrenInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ICollection children) +268
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderChildren(HtmlTextWriter writer) +8
       System.Web.UI.Page.Render(HtmlTextWriter writer) +29
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControlInternal(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +57
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer, ControlAdapter adapter) +100
       System.Web.UI.Control.RenderControl(HtmlTextWriter writer) +25
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1386

Tuesday, June 17, 2014 3:09 AM
  • Hi Bilal,

Apologies for the delayed response - I checked this and it is working beautifully now! Many thanks for your help.

Tabraiz.

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 7:10 AM
  • Thanks for your help Tabraiz and your patience.  We will be deploying the fix world wide starting this coming Monday.  So we should be in happy condition in about a week.  
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:36 PM
  • Can you tell me the site name in question.  Then I can apply the same patch I applied for Tabraiz and see if that fix also fixes your issue.  But to do that I need to find the VM to patch (which requires your site name).  Thanks.  
    Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:37 PM
  • I was having these same issues (parameter error...) on East US (basic web site). Created a website (basic) on South Central US and it works fine.

When can we expect to have East US working? I would rather not have to change DNS and move by DB to South Central US just for this. I gather that while i have the website and DB in difference centers I'll get hit with data charges, right? Perhaps Microsfot would be kind enought to credit us given that it's their bug....

Wednesday, June 18, 2014 10:17 PM
  • Yes - certainly. The site is http://nomaddev-bhra-s.azurewebsites.net/.

Thanks,

Dan

Thursday, June 19, 2014 4:11 AM
  • Hi Praia,

Thanks for your help veirfiying the issue. We appreciate your help.

You can open a free billing case and get the extra cost refunded. If you have any issue with the process, please let us now.

Regards,

Wei

Thursday, June 19, 2014 6:49 AM
  • Thank you Wei. I will. But the most important thing is to get it to work in the other datacenters/regions. When can we expect to have it? In particular East US.

Rgds.

Friday, June 20, 2014 4:43 PM
  • Any updates on this?  I am still getting the "Out of Memory" error when I try to export from a grid to an Excel Biff format on http://nomaddev-bhra-s.azurewebsites.net/.

Thanks,

Dan

Sunday, June 22, 2014 5:02 PM
  • Your site is not on Basic/Standard and therefore the fix is not there yet.  If you upgrade to one of those modes, when I can patch my fix and see that you site is working.  At this point, we received positive confirmations from others (one this thread and other private threads), so we're deploying to fix this week.  By end of week it should be there.  But like I said, if you upgrade the site, I can apply the patch immediately and confirm your site now.  

Thanks for your help

Sunday, June 22, 2014 8:16 PM
  • I have switched it to Standard and tried it.  When it fails I move it back to Free.  I will move it to Standard again; please let me know when it should work.  This is a test site, so I don't want to leave it in Standard as the default.

thanks,

Dan

Monday, June 23, 2014 1:45 AM
  • Has my VM been patched?  I am on Standard and still getting the error.

Thanks,

Dan

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 4:01 PM
  • Your VM has been patched.  I tried your site and it wasn't obvious to me how to induce the PDF generation.  

Sorry for the delay.  

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 5:27 AM
  • Hi,

My site mybackoffice.azurewebsites.net, using Teleriks reportviewer, has the same problem. Running standard mode.

When will the be patched? Please apply the patch, need to make release to our customers.

Thanks,

Patrick

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

I have a website on the free tier, which acts as a frontend for an Azure database and accompanying REST API for a database which uses reportviewer and is experiencing the parameter issue described here.

Can you please confirm that if i move the website to the paid tier, that the issue will be resolved? Also is there any move to have the issue resolved on the free tier?

Thanks,

Martin

Thursday, June 26, 2014 1:20 PM
  • i have the same issue - European region. Is this fixed for the basic/standard tier of websites? could you give an eta when it will be fixed?
    Thursday, June 26, 2014 2:26 PM
  • Same issue - South East Asia region.
    Friday, June 27, 2014 1:31 PM
  • I have tested my site and confirmed that your fix worked - thank you!  I really appreciate your work on this and am wondering like others here what the roll-out schedule looks like for this fix?  If I create a new site in the South Central region will it have the patch?

I appreciate your work on this.

Dan

Friday, June 27, 2014 2:56 PM
  • Related thread here.
    Thursday, July 03, 2014 11:44 PM
  • It works for me, too (location: North Europe, mode: Standard). Many thanks!
    Monday, July 07, 2014 4:04 PM
  • The same application works on NORTH EUROPE and does not work on South Brazil... 

Does anyone have any information on when those fix will be available in other locations?

Att,
    Breno Queiroz

StudioWs3 - Soluções Web

Friday, July 11, 2014 9:13 PM
  • Hi David

YESSSS! Its working mate!

I had the same issue with Active Reports.

When I change it as you've suggested it works!!! Thanks for that great help.

Is there any chance this fix will come available to free and shared websites in europe?

Thanks Travis

Thursday, July 24, 2014 8:18 AM
  • Hi there,
    Azure Free Website West Europe, using HtmlRenderer component failed with exception below. Is the above fix limited to paid websites, and if so please can you let me know if/when the fix will be applied to free subscriptions, and maybe also point me to some announcement board where such features are listed? I am using a free site as a development prototype  for a distributed team.

Regards,

Frank Szendzielarz

failed with System.OutOfMemoryException: Out of memory.
       at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal(IntPtr hdc)
       at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdc(IntPtr hdc)
       at HtmlRenderer.HtmlRender.RenderToImage(String html, Size size, Color backgroundColor, CssData cssData, EventHandler`1 stylesheetLoad, EventHandler`1 imageLoad)inc:\Source\GitHub\HTML-Renderer\Source\HtmlRenderer\HtmlRender.cs:line 353 

Frank Szendzielarz

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 8:45 AM