none
Is there a way to get estimated monthly search volume for a keyword from the Bing Azure DataMarket

Question

• Is there a way to programatically get the estimated search volume for a keyword from the Azure data market?

I.E. if I plugged in the term "Atlanta Plastic Surgeon" into the api I would like to get back "And estimated 393 searches"

I've looked everywhere and I can't find it.  It seems like a curious omission.

Thursday, August 23, 2012 3:08 PM

Answers

• If you are looking for the actual searches you will need to use the keyword research tool, in Bing Webmaster. While the Bing Webmaster Tools does have an API to get most information, we don't yet have that set up for the keyword analysis, to do programatically.

Hope that helps.

Joshua

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:00 PM

All replies

• That isn't a tool that is available as part of the API, however, the free Bing Webmaster Tools provide a keyword research tool that allows you to get the actual number of searches for terms. You can open an account and get started at the link below.

http://www.bing.com/toolbox/keywords

Joshua

Thursday, August 23, 2012 11:54 PM
  • The other way to do this: We also return Total number of searches through Composite API usage.

Sample query would look like this:

https://api.datamarket.azure.com/Data.ashx/Bing/Search/v1/Composite?Sources=%27web%2bimage%2bvideo%2bnews%2bspell%27&Query=%27%22Atlanta%20Plastic%20Surgeon%22%27&$top=50&$format=Atom

You get out total for every listed source. And then you can calculate how many searches by using the paging defined for every source in the schema document (note that paging is different for different sources):

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=252151

Thanks,

Max

P.S: in your case, I just got 4580 WebTotal and 1500 ImageTotal

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:32 AM
  • @Max and @Joshua

I cannot seem to get that to work - are you saying that the total number of searches would be returned, or the total number of search results would be returned?  I am going for the searches, not the results.

Thanks guys!

Friday, August 24, 2012 6:53 PM
  • Could you clarify the number of searches question? Is this the number of searches you performed with DataMarket, number of Search results for specific keyword, or number of other users searching for the same keyword?

Thanks,

Max

Friday, August 24, 2012 7:16 PM
  • If you are looking for the actual searches you will need to use the keyword research tool, in Bing Webmaster. While the Bing Webmaster Tools does have an API to get most information, we don't yet have that set up for the keyword analysis, to do programatically.

Hope that helps.

Joshua

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:00 PM
  • @Max - I am hoping to get the number of searches searches other people have performed for a particular keyword.

And @Joshua - so, it if I am understanding you correctly, there is no way to do that at this time?

Thanks for the help everyone!

Friday, August 24, 2012 8:29 PM
  • In such case, Joshua's answer stands correct. We do not currently have such API for programmatic access.

Thanks,

Max

Saturday, August 25, 2012 6:30 AM
  • Thanks guys - you saved me a good bit of time looking.
    Monday, August 27, 2012 12:03 PM
  • I was looking for the same info.  Considering that this post is 4 months old and Bing just made new changes to their API.  Is this still the case?  Is it still not possible to programmatically get the estimated search volume for keywords through the Bing API?

Thanks.

LesterJ

Monday, December 10, 2012 7:37 PM