none
Azure Bing Search API - Image search with multiple image filters

Answers

All replies

• Max,

Thank you for your answer, but in the query you only use "Size: Medium" image filter. But how do you include an additional image filter, such as Size:Medium AND Color:Monochrome ?

Because this was possible with the previous Bing API. Additionally, the BingSearchContainer.cs states that the ImageFilter parameter can include multiple filters, but it doesn't specify a syntax.

/// <summary>
            /// </summary>
            /// <param name="Query">Bing search query Sample Values : xbox</param>
            /// <param name="Market">Market. Note: Not all Sources support all markets. Sample Values : en-US</param>
            /// <param name="Adult">Adult setting is used for filtering sexually explicit content Sample Values : Moderate</param>
            /// <param name="Latitude">Latitude Sample Values : 47.603450</param>
            /// <param name="Longitude">Longitude Sample Values : -122.329696</param>
            /// <param name="ImageFilters">Array of strings that filter the response the API sends based on size, aspect, color, style, face or any combination thereof Sample Values : Size:Small</param>
            public DataServiceQuery<ImageResult> Image(String Query, String Market, String Adult, Double? Latitude, Double? Longitude, String ImageFilters) {

• Edited by dhbello Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:29 PM Typo
    Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:29 PM
  • Or additionally, in the Bing API Schema - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=252151 appears:

ImageFilters

Size:Small

String

No

Not applicable

Array of strings that filter the response that the API sends based on size, aspect, color, style, face, or any combination thereof.

For a list of the values for this parameter, see ImageFilters.

So, to summarize, my question is how I enter/define an array of strings (Image Filters) in the ImageFilters parameter?

Sunday, June 03, 2012 9:34 PM
  • The documentation is somewhat misleading, as we only expose array of strings as basically enum.

There is no AND or OR operation enabled on ImageFilters at the moment. We passed your feedback to Bing Search API team and they are considering adding such feature in future releases.

Thanks,

Max

Monday, June 04, 2012 8:22 AM
  • Max,

Thank you so much, and it would be great if the feedback goes with a high priority, because this feature already exists in the current API - http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd560913.aspx

And I'm worry because the current Bing API will be deprecated on August 1st.

Monday, June 04, 2012 12:56 PM
  • Thank you for the feedback. We currently plan to implement this feature before existing API deprecation.

Thanks,

Max

Sunday, June 10, 2012 7:17 AM
  • This is not working until now. Is there any update on this?

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 9:29 AM
  • I second that. Will we be able to apply multiple filters on images search soon? As in width:600 and width: 700

It's been more than half a year now - if people are asking for this and are ready to pay for it, what is the problem then?

Not cool.

Saturday, March 02, 2013 8:25 AM
  • Also eager to see this updated. I can confirm it's still not working. 
    Wednesday, August 07, 2013 12:42 PM
  • Same here. Why after over two years hasn't this been fixed?

stonetip

Tuesday, April 08, 2014 7:25 PM