none
Bing image API returns only US results

Question

• Hi,

I struggle a bit with the BING image search api. I set the market to en-GB and yet if I search for football I just get american football results. I have to use Soccer ( which is not really used in the uk) in order to get the football results that I want. Yet if I search on the bing homepage it brings up the correct football images for the search term football.

Am I missing some settings here?

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 1:59 PM

All replies

• Hi stephanf10,

Thanks for posting!

Base on my experience, your operation is right. It may be lead by cultural different. I suggest you could contact Bing Search API support, here is the support channel: https://support.discoverbing.com/eform.aspx?productKey=bingsearchapi&ct=eformts&scrx=1 .

Please try it.

Any question, please let me know.

Thanks

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:10 AM
  • Well that was useless. I waited all day for a response then I get a simple "please call your local support hotline" generic type of response. After eventually finding a number ( the only number) and going through 15 gazillion menu options the person I spoke to hang up on me. 

Is there anything else I can do that actually helps me to get a solution to my problem?

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 3:32 PM