none
Where can I find Storage / Compute Emulator logs?

Question

• After upgrading to 1.8, I noticed several exceptions being logged in the Console:

'WaWorkerHost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'F:\projects\...\approot\Microsoft.WindowsFabric.Common.dll'
    A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.FileNotFoundException' occurred in Microsoft.WindowsFabric.Common.dll
    A first chance exception of type 'System.IO.IOException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime Information: 200 : Role entrypoint . CALLING   OnStart()
    A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in System.dll

'WaWorkerHost.exe' (Managed (v4.0.30319)): Loaded 'C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Data.Services.Client\v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089\System.Data.Services.Client.dll'
    A first chance exception of type 'System.Net.WebException' occurred in System.dll
    A first chance exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.StorageClientException' occurred in Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.dll
    A first chance exception of type 'Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.StorageClientException' occurred in Microsoft.WindowsAzure.StorageClient.dll

The thread 'Role Initialization Thread' (0x2300) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    A first chance exception of type 'System.ArgumentException' occurred in System.dll
    The thread 'Role Initialization Thread' (0x23e4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
    A first chance exception of type 'System.Threading.WaitHandleCannotBeOpenedException' occurred in mscorlib.dll

When I stop debugging my Azure application (worker role with 2 instances), the Azure Worker Host crashes: 

My colleague uses the exact same project, I already re-downloaded everything form our repository, so I don't think it's a configuration problem but rather my environment has some flaws. 

The erros do not prevent me from testing the application (it runs fine), but the crash dialog is annoying and I want to get rid of the exceptions (only I get them on my machine).

Where can I find logs or similar to get an understanding of the problem?

Thursday, November 15, 2012 10:18 AM

Answers

• You can find development storage logs under "AppData\Local\DevelopmentStorage\Logs" directory for the current user. To enable logging, just change the <LoggingEnabled> element's value to "true" in "DevelopmentStorage.201210.config" file which you can find in "AppData\Local\DevelopmentStorage" folder.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Carlos Sardo Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dino HeModerator Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:39 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:13 PM

All replies

• You can find development storage logs under "AppData\Local\DevelopmentStorage\Logs" directory for the current user. To enable logging, just change the <LoggingEnabled> element's value to "true" in "DevelopmentStorage.201210.config" file which you can find in "AppData\Local\DevelopmentStorage" folder.

Hope this helps.

• Proposed as answer by Carlos Sardo Thursday, November 15, 2012 8:12 PM
    • Marked as answer by Dino HeModerator Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:39 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 1:13 PM
  • Thank you, that was definitely helpful!

Do similar log files exist for the compute emulator? Or where can I find the documentation for information like this – despite searching for quite some time now I never found so much as a hint about that logs directory.

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:02 PM
  • I'm not aware of such logs for compute emulator (but I would be very much interested in finding out).

Thursday, November 15, 2012 2:17 PM