none
Solution: A way to run all your sites from one machine in Azure.

General discussion

• Over the past two years many customers have been frustrated by the inability to use multiple IP addresses on the azure cloud.  This increases cost and is impractical for companies that host multiple sites.  I recently found a way to accommodate such a request which has the potential to reduce your overall operating costs. Since most people have sites with marginal amounts of traffic, it makes more sense to host those on a pair of central servers.  If you have multipls sites azure can be difficult, until now.  With a few small changes to your topology SSL for multiple sites IS possible.

If you are interested in purchasing/licensing my solution please contact me (Andrew) at info@branches.net with your name and contact number. 

I realize that this might be thought of as advertising but I really want azure to succeed.  This issue has bugged me to no end and I hope that finally having a fix will help more people move to the platform until Microsoft is able to put this together for themselves.

Rates start at $100/Endpoint and $0.15/GB

You can have as many endpoints as you need mapped to your servers and we can get this up and running pretty quickly.  What is the cost to you of managing multiple servers?  Here are some examples of how this might be the tool you need to justify moving to Azure.

Scenario A (small business)
    10 Small VMs (2/website) @ $90/month each = $900/month
    With Branches Azure Mapping Tools
    2 Medium VMs for all your sites @ $180/month each = $360/month
    Map one site directly to these server in azure.
    4 Branches Endpoints, as low as $400/month
    Savings: $140/month or $1,680/annually

Scenario B (web hosting company)
    50 Small VMs (1/website) @ $90/month each = $4500/month
    Maintenance/upgrade time @ 4h/server = 200h labour (full time job)
    2 Extra-Large VMs for all your sites @ $720/month each = $720/month
    Minimal labour for 2 servers (instead of 200h/month)
    50 Branches Endpoints, $4,000/month

Scenario C (medium to large business)
    10 Medium VMs (2/site) @ $180/month each = $1,800/month
    2 Large VMs for all your sites @ $360/month each = $720/month
    4 Branches Endpoints, as low as $400/month
    Savings: $680/month or $8,160/annually

Saturday, February 09, 2013 8:25 PM