none
Windows Azure Web App with Real Time Capabilities Similar to Quora

Question

• Hello everyone,

I am about to begin programming on a social network web site that will require real-time updates similar to quora.  I was wondering what are the best azure services to utilize to acheive this goal if you are coming from an asp.net 3.5+ c#/ms sql/windows server background.

Thursday, February 09, 2012 7:42 AM

Answers

• That's a big question.

But just to get you started you shuold think on how you would like to implement the data model.

Since socail networks tend to have mass amount of data i would personlly choose the NoSQL database rather thant the SQL Azure db.
    You can use azrure table storage or the upcoming hadoop db for azure.

Regards
    Shay

Blogging on www.codeproject.com/Members/ShayYannay & www.questcloudtools.com

Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:04 AM
  • I agree.  NOSQL mega-scalable storage is best for large scalable sites.

UI technology for such a site is totally your choice.  Data storage needs to be megascalable and in Azure it means Azure Table/Blob/Queue storage.

Auto-scaling & monitoring service for Windows Azure applications at http://www.paraleap.com

Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:57 PM

All replies

• That's a big question.

But just to get you started you shuold think on how you would like to implement the data model.

Since socail networks tend to have mass amount of data i would personlly choose the NoSQL database rather thant the SQL Azure db.
    You can use azrure table storage or the upcoming hadoop db for azure.

Regards
    Shay

Blogging on www.codeproject.com/Members/ShayYannay & www.questcloudtools.com

Thursday, February 09, 2012 10:04 AM
  • I agree.  NOSQL mega-scalable storage is best for large scalable sites.

UI technology for such a site is totally your choice.  Data storage needs to be megascalable and in Azure it means Azure Table/Blob/Queue storage.

Auto-scaling & monitoring service for Windows Azure applications at http://www.paraleap.com

Thursday, February 09, 2012 3:57 PM