none
Troubleshooting wildcard SSL certificate issue in Azure

Question

• I have a wildcard SSL certificate for my domain that I am trying to use for two separate lightwitch web roles in Azure on different subdomains.

I have followed the same process to load the SSL certificate to both web roles and I get no certificate issues on one subdomain / web role and it is working as expected.

On the other subdomain / web role it says that the certificate was not issued by a trusted authority (it was issued by godaddy) and that the certificate was issued for a different website address but it is the same domain as the one that is working and only the subdomain is different. 

Does anyone have any idea what I may have done wrong or has encountered this in the past? I am guessing that it is something silly that I've done.

Wednesday, August 01, 2012 8:59 PM

Answers

• I'm still not sure what the original error was but I deployed an unrelated update to staging and the performed a vip swap and magically everything was fine.  Go figure!
    • Marked as answer by Theregan Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:38 PM

All replies

• The web role that has certificate error, whether that certificate has the same fqdn as site URL?

What certificate you are seeing when you access the second site. You can see the certificate associated with the URL when you access the site, can you check the issued to value is the same as your site URL?

If you can post your URLs I can see the behavior and suggest if something i observe.

Please mark the replies as Answered if they help and Vote if you found them helpful.

Saturday, August 04, 2012 7:32 PM
  • I'm still not sure what the original error was but I deployed an unrelated update to staging and the performed a vip swap and magically everything was fine.  Go figure!
    • Marked as answer by Theregan Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:38 PM
    Wednesday, August 22, 2012 10:38 PM