none
Speech Recognition Control in the UK

Question

• When is subscription to the Bing Speech Recognition Control going to be available in the UK.

Currently when I try and do this it says not available in your market.

Monday, December 02, 2013 12:05 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We can install the Bing Speech Recognition control for Windows 8 or for Windows 8.1 directly from the Visual Studio Gallery, or from the Extension Manager in Visual Studio. To gain access to the Bing Speech Recognition Control and the web service that it depends on, you must subscribe at the Windows Azure Data Marketplace, and then register your application. The subscription is free for the first 500,000 service calls per month. When you are ready to publish your application, you can do so on the Marketplace.

For more information, see How to: Register and install the Bing Speech Recognition Control.

We also need to know Speech Recognition is only available for the following languages: English (United States and United Kingdom), French, German, Japanese, Mandarin (Chinese Simplified and Chinese Traditional), and Spanish.

Hope this helps, if this didn't give you help, please give us further information for a better help.

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, December 03, 2013 5:05 AM
  • I have a windows 8.1 store app and want to use speech.  I cant find how to subscribe at windows azure data marketplace or Bing speech in the gallery or extensions. Can you be more specific here about how to subscribe or find the speech control?

Thank you!

Friday, December 27, 2013 2:19 AM
  • I don't understand why this has been marked as an answer. It does not answer the question. When will this service be available to the UK market? Following your instruction takes you to a page where UK users get the message "Not available in your market".

I'm guessing it is available as I would have thought Windows Phone 8 uses this service. It just doesn't seem to be available for developers to register with.

Thanks,

Geoff

Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:31 AM
  • Hi,

I have clicked on above mentioned link "How to: Register and install the Bing Speech Recognition Control". It redirects me following page. In this at right side page it shows the message "Not available in your market" Why it happens?

Wednesday, April 02, 2014 10:12 AM
  • Pls look at "How to: Register and install the Bing Speech Recognition Control". I think its working now

cheers

Monday, April 07, 2014 7:35 AM
  • Unfortunately it is still telling me that this service is not available for my market. It would be useful if someone from Microsoft could comment on this situation.

Cheers,

Geoff

Monday, April 07, 2014 8:49 AM
  • Are you using any other Bing API from Azure with Bing Speech recognition tool ?like Bing API for translation?

Because I think when we are using It with Bing API for translation we do not have permission to use it.

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 5:05 AM