none
Bing Search Api localizatoin issues?

All replies

• Hi,

Can you try to append two double values to the search url directly (I mean double number to string directly and append them to the url). You can values from pos.Coordinate.Latitude and convert this value to string and append to url directly, not use localsetings value.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 22, 2013 5:27 AM
  • Hi Qin Dian Tang,

Sorry for this post. I cannot find you from Lync and I just moved one case to this forum.

Please check it.

Regards,

Barry Wang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Friday, February 22, 2013 6:27 AM
  • When I try to take the Bing search container and add manually

query.AddQueryOption("Latitude", Double.Parse(localSettings.Values["latitude"].ToString())); query.AddQueryOption("Longitude", Double.Parse(localSettings.Values["longitude"].ToString()));

It shows the same behaviour of not formatting the input for its own use. When I expand and inspect the values, I the usual error message which is:

Data = {System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal}

Message = "Unable to load resources for resource file \"System.Data.Services.Client\" in package "."

Source = "mscorlib"

StackTrace = "   at System.Resources.ResourceManager.GetString(String name, CultureInfo culture)\r\n   at System.Data.Services.Client.TextRes.GetString(String name)\r\n   at System.Data.Services.Client.Strings.get_DataServiceQuery_EnumerationNotSupported()\r\n   at Syst...

TargetSite = {System.String GetString(System.String, System.Globalization.CultureInfo)}

When I dig further at some level there shows additionally:

[System.InvalidOperationException] = {"Method may only be called on a Type for which Type.IsGenericParameter is true."}

As ResourceManager is involved it seems like some localization/culture issue. However it is clear that once I manually call the api through the browser and append latitude and longitude with dots manually, or remove langitude and longitude completely, the call works just fine and returns the requested values.

So somewhere the it seems these values get mishandled.

Friday, February 22, 2013 7:43 AM