none
Has anybody been able to get Azure cloud drive working with VM role adapter?

Question

• I've been following this walkthrough:  http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/gg466226.aspx

I have version 1.6 of the Windows Azure Integration Components installed on Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise VM.

First, I have not been able to get the role adapter to even start-up using the LocalService account as prescribed in the walkthrough. It seems that even accessing RoleEnvironment.IsAvailable will case this error:

Service cannot be started. System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Attempted to perform an unauthorized operation.

at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment.Initialize(TimeSpan timeout)

at Microsoft.WindowsAzure.ServiceRuntime.RoleEnvironment.get_IsAvailable()

at VMRoleAdapter.RoleAdapter.OnStart(String[] args)

at System.ServiceProcess.ServiceBase.ServiceQueuedMainCallback(Object state)

I can get the service to at least start up by running under LocalSystem.

However, when it gets to the call CloudDrive.InitializeCache(), the adapter crashes.

Sunday, May 20, 2012 10:10 PM

Answers

• The workaround didn't work The only way to resolve the issue is to not use v1.6 at all. v1.4 is the last version of WAIC that actually works. I hope you guys fix the problem in v1.7.
    Thursday, May 24, 2012 10:49 PM

All replies