none
Microsoft Endpoint Protection Windows Azure 2.0

Question

• Hi,

I've been running Azure 1.7 for .Net in production for some time and we are using Microsoft Endpoint Protection (MEP). I've recently started the upgrade to 2.0 for Azure and as far as I can tell, the MEP plugin hasn't been upgraded for use with Azure 2.0. It only installs directly to the 1.7 sdk, not to 2.0.

It seems like I might have to wait until they upgrade it, but I'm wondering if anyone knows of any plans for this to happen? Is it no longer supported/necessary?
    Friday, July 19, 2013 12:04 AM

Answers

• HI

I think the answer is yes.

You might to wait until it support 2.0.

Please refer :http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29209

Supported Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2

Windows Azure SDK 1.7 

NOTE: The diagnostics module is a direct dependency of Microsoft Endpoint Protection for Windows Azure. It is included in the ServiceDefinition.csdef file by default when a new project is created. It does not necessarily have to be configured in a specific way (e.x. writing logs to storage), but the Windows Azure service will fail to deploy successfully if this module is not present. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: This plugin is compatible with Windows Azure SDK 1.7 only. It will not work properly with other versions of the Azure SDK.

Please mark post as answered if it helped!

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:49 AM

All replies

• HI

I think the answer is yes.

You might to wait until it support 2.0.

Please refer :http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=29209

Supported Operating System

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2008 Service Pack 2

Windows Azure SDK 1.7 

NOTE: The diagnostics module is a direct dependency of Microsoft Endpoint Protection for Windows Azure. It is included in the ServiceDefinition.csdef file by default when a new project is created. It does not necessarily have to be configured in a specific way (e.x. writing logs to storage), but the Windows Azure service will fail to deploy successfully if this module is not present. 

IMPORTANT NOTE: This plugin is compatible with Windows Azure SDK 1.7 only. It will not work properly with other versions of the Azure SDK.

Please mark post as answered if it helped!

Friday, July 19, 2013 5:49 AM
  • Hi Yuan,

Any update on this?

Any plan to support Azure SDK 2.2 ?

Monday, January 13, 2014 6:39 AM