none
AzureManagementToolsSnapIn Not installed.

Question

• Dear all,

I am self learning the windows azure by using the azure tool kit and when i try to deploy the application by using powershell (following the Exercise 2: Using PowerShell to Manage Windows Azure Applications). 

when i execute the below command in powershell , it giving me an error saying.

Add-PSSnapin AzureManagementToolsSnapIn

Add-PSSnapin : The Windows PowerShell snap-in 'AzureManagementToolsSnapIn' is not installed on this machine.
    At line:1 char:13
    + Add-PSSnapin <<<<  AzureManagementToolsSnapIn
        + CategoryInfo          : InvalidArgument: (AzureManagementToolsSnapIn:String) [Add-PSSnapin], PSArgumentException
        + FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand

How ever , i have installed the powershell commandlet from the below link http://wappowershell.codeplex.com/ , but still getting the same error.

By where do i get the AzureManagementToolsSnapIn? Any clue?

I am using Windows 7 Home Premium and Powershell 1.0.

Thanks

Prakash

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 4:27 AM

Answers

• Hi Prakash,

Please refer to the wappowershell link:

Updated PowerShell snap-in/module name

This release merges the Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets and the ACS Cmdlets for the Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service—previously available as separate packages—into a single module. To reflect this change, the PowerShell module / snap-in has now been renamed to WAPPSCmdlets.

Import-Module AzureManagementToolsSnapIn => Import-Module WAPPSCmdlets

So try to replace "Add-PSSnapIn AzureManagementToolsSnapIn" command to "Add-PSSnapIn WAPPSCmdlets" and execute it again. If it was added already, you can find this error info:

Add-PSSnapIn : Cannot add Windows PowerShell snap-in WAPPSCmdlets because it is already added. Verify the name of the snap-in and try again... so on.

Hope it can help you.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by sripraks008 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Hi Arwind,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, it worked and i am able to deploy the service using powershell.

thanks a ton.

-Prakash

• Marked as answer by sripraks008 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:15 PM

All replies

• Hi Prakash,

Please refer to the wappowershell link:

Updated PowerShell snap-in/module name

This release merges the Windows Azure PowerShell Cmdlets and the ACS Cmdlets for the Windows Azure AppFabric Access Control Service—previously available as separate packages—into a single module. To reflect this change, the PowerShell module / snap-in has now been renamed to WAPPSCmdlets.

Import-Module AzureManagementToolsSnapIn => Import-Module WAPPSCmdlets

So try to replace "Add-PSSnapIn AzureManagementToolsSnapIn" command to "Add-PSSnapIn WAPPSCmdlets" and execute it again. If it was added already, you can find this error info:

Add-PSSnapIn : Cannot add Windows PowerShell snap-in WAPPSCmdlets because it is already added. Verify the name of the snap-in and try again... so on.

Hope it can help you.

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

• Marked as answer by sripraks008 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:14 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 9:12 AM
  • Hi Arwind,

Thanks for the answer. Yes, it worked and i am able to deploy the service using powershell.

thanks a ton.

-Prakash

• Marked as answer by sripraks008 Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 15, 2012 5:15 PM