Announcing the Refresh of Service Bus EAI & EDI Labs
We are happy to announce the refresh of Service Bus EAI & EDI Labs as communicated earlier and on time. We have added a bunch of capabilities and quite a few of it came as asks from this forum.
EAI & EDI capabilities enhancements include:
- The bridge has been enhanced to process both positional and delimited flat files along with xml messages. It can also pull a message from your existing FTP server and then process it further
- Flow of messages within a bridge is no longer a black box: we have exposed the operational tracking of messages within it along with its metadata
- Creating and editing schemas has become simpler and easier using the schema editor we have added as
a first-class-experience in our Visual Studio project. Yes, we heard your
feedbackJ. Fetching schemas from another service is also simpler using an integrated wizard experience
- You can now send messages to the bridge in UTF-16, UTF-16LE and UTF-16BE too apart from UTF-8
- We have further enriched the Mapper functionality to support number formatting, timezone manipulations and different ways to generate unique Ids. To handle errors and null data, we let user configure the behavior of the runtime
- The Visual Studio Server Explorer experience to create, configure and deploy LOB entities on-premises has become simpler using a new wizard which is much easier to use
- From the EDI Portal you can delete agreements to reduce the clutter. You can also change agreement settings and redeploy agreements
- EDI messages can be tracked for one or more agreements and the view is exposed through the EDI portal. The view also supports search and correlation of messages and
- We now support out-of-the-box archiving in EDI. All EDI messages can be archived and downloaded from the EDI portal
- We have added preliminary support for send side batching in EDI based on message count. This would be enhanced to include more batching criteria in future releases.
- We have also improved the EDI Portal performance and made improvements to the error messages
- There are UX enhancements all across which should make your experience smoother
Few helpful links:
- SDK & Samples : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=184288
- Tutorial & documentation : http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=235197
- Portal to provision namespaces : https://portal.appfabriclabs.com
- EDI TPM Portal : https://edi.appfabriclabs.com
Do try out the new capabilities and let us know your feedback.
-Azure Integration Services Team
- Edited by Harish Kumar Agarwal - MSFT Thursday, April 05, 2012 4:54 PM
Nice work. I see lot of improvements around Schema Editor area. It is looking more like Biztalk now. I also like the tracking functionality. I have few initial questions:
1. I don't see ability to generate instance like we can do in Biztalk. In Dec release, the functionality was there
2. From the documentation, it looks it is possible to delete Tracking data using REST API . But, I am not able to delete any data. It gives me 500 error.
Hi Sashi ,
Thanks for sharing your feedback . You are correct in your observations .
1. Generate instance for Schema Editor could not make it this refresh . However we are aware of the same and will be adding it as part of the upcoming releases . Meanwhile you can use the use "Generate Sample XML" in the XML Schema Explorer for the mean while . Snapshot below :
2. The delete REST API for the tracking data is not part of this release . The documentation may have a bug and I will look into that . However we have a retention policy of 7 days and so the data will stay around for the same . The delete API is likely to come up as part of the upcoming releases however I wish to understand something first . After the retention policy period is over say in a production scenario then the data older than the retention period will automatically be cleared . What is your purpose of having the delete functionality directly and won't the auto clearing of data be enough ?
Continue to share the feedback .
- Harish Kumar Agarwal
- Edited by Harish Kumar Agarwal - MSFT Monday, April 09, 2012 6:12 PM
What instances are you refrring to here ? If its the service instance you are referring to to then that is automatically taken care of . If in case one of the service instances goes down then Azure will auto detect it and then bring it or another instance up .