none
This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

Question

• This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.

<Error>

<Code>InvalidQueryParameterValue</Code>
    <Message>
    Value for one of the query parameters specified in the request URI is invalid. RequestId:6ac0bdda-9f53-4110-8f66-cc36afb08123 Time:2012-07-03T09:35:47.8274316Z
    </Message>
    <QueryParameterName>comp</QueryParameterName>
    <QueryParameterValue/>
    <Reason/>

</Error>

When i try to access my blob url i get this error? Not only blob, table, query string also..

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 9:43 AM

Answers

• Let me try and explain what has happened:

Then i have created a cloud service just consider as (DEF cloud service).

Then i just deployed my application into that cloud service as a cloud project.

Then i enabled cdn end point for that hosted service (cloud service).

[Gaurav] In these 3 steps, you have worked with what is known as Platform as a Service (PaaS). This was something with which Windows Azure started.

Then simply created virtual machine. Suddenly one more storage account and cloud service created automatically. consider as ABC (cloud service)

[Gaurav] In this step, you ventured into something what is known as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Amazon EC2 (among others) offer this. Microsoft started doing this as of last month only. When you were trying to create a virtual machine through the wizard, there's an option of choosing a storage account. My guess is that you opted for a new storage account and that's why you saw 2nd storage account in your subscription.

Now coming to your questions:

i). But here what is the purpose of VM?

VM only keeps blob storage,table, querystring right. But according to my deployment my VM is just created nothing in that.

I used some tools to access my blob contents. But i am not able to get anything from tables,blobs,querystrings.? So then where are my uploaded images.

For your reference :  my uploaded images are storing into my application local folder only.

[Gaurav] Your applications in Windows Azure (whether you go PaaS or IaaS route) gets hosted in a VM. Please note that Windows Azure Storage is a separate service which offers you to store structured data (Azure Table Storage), unstructured data e.g. files (Azure Blob Storage) and messages for asynchronous communication (Azure Queues). Under PaaS scenario, your VM is quite transient in nature i.e. it may go down anytime. If there's anything that you store in application's local folder, they will be gone as well once your VM goes down. That's why it is recommended you store the images etc. which your user uploads in Blob Storage.

ii). Here what is the difference between uploading project as website and cloud service deployment?

[Gaurav] Again, these are two different things. Windows Azure Websites are announced along with IaaS capabilities last month. My recommendation here would be to read up on what Windows Azure Websites are and how are they different than Cloud Services. In a nutshell, Windows Azure Websites are very similar to shared hosting provided by other companies similar to Go Daddy etc.

iii). If i use websites means how can i enable cloud service for that website project and how can i enable cdn end points for that?

[Gaurav] Again, Azure Websites and Cloud Services are two ways by which you can deploy your application in Windows Azure. As far as I know, you can't CDN enable your application. What you can do is CDN enable the content stored in Windows Azure Blob Storage. For high availability of your applications, you would need to deploy your application across multiple data centers and load balance them using Traffic Manager.

iv). If i want to update single page means i can use ftp( websites). So only i can update single page or file. But am using cloud service deployment via VS. Then how can i update single page? I want do again a complete deployment right?

[Gaurav] If you wish to update just single pages and update your content using FTP clients, you will not be able to do so if you deploy your application using Cloud Services. You would need to deploy your application as Websites. I believe you have asked a similar question on other thread as well.

Lastly, please don't take this any other way but my recommendation for you would be to read up about the platform and it's capabilities first than directly starting to deploy your application. I would recommend downloading Windows Azure Platform Training Kit and doing the Hands On Labs there first. It would give you much better understanding of different things available to you in Windows Azure Platform. I believe it even includes some sample project about uploading images and storing them in Azure Blob Storage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gaurav

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:53 PM

All replies

• Can you share the blob URL that you're trying to access? That will certainly help identifying the cause for this issue.

Thanks

Gaurav

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 11:42 AM
  • Ya, Sure.

But its confidential..right..

portalvhdsrxpqfc96hzg4l.blob.core.windows.net

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:25 PM
  • I see. May I ask what you're trying to do? Essentially you're just trying to access a blob storage endpoint which will not give you anything back. If you want to list blobs in a "Public" blob container, you would end up using a URL like <a href="http://.blob.core.windows.net/<your blob container name>?restype=container&comp=list">http://<your storage account name>.blob.core.windows.net/<your blob container name>?restype=container&comp=list.

Also please note that most of the REST operations against Windows Azure Storage Service require you to authenticate the request first. That's the reason why you're getting errors on your table/queue URLs as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gaurav

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 12:58 PM
  • If you dnt mine please give me step by step procedures to follow to get windows azure services completely.
    Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:02 PM
  • Unfortunately that would be tedious task as there are so many things to consider. If you tell me one task that you wish to accomplish, I would be able to help you out by pointing out some of the links which will help you out. If you're trying to do something with REST API, I would suggest you start with Storage REST API documentation: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/dd179355

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gaurav

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:05 PM
  • Thanks gaurav,

I say completely what i have done yet. And what are all my problems? So you can guide me i think.

First i created a storage account.

Then simply created virtual machine. Suddenly one more storage account and cloud service created automatically. consider as ABC (cloud service)

Am allowing users to upload images. So those images are storing and retrieving when i access it.

These thing only i did.

VM only keeps blob storage,table, querystring right. But according to my deployment my VM is just created nothing in that.

I used some tools to access my blob contents. But i am not able to get anything from tables,blobs,querystrings.? So then where are my uploaded images.

For your reference :  my uploaded images are storing into my application local folder only.

ii). Here what is the difference between uploading project as website and cloud service deployment?

iii). If i use websites means how can i enable cloud service for that website project and how can i enable cdn end points for that?

iv). If i want to update single page means i can use ftp( websites). So only i can update single page or file. But am using cloud service deployment via VS. Then how can i update single page? I want do again a complete deployment right?

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:18 PM
  • Let me try and explain what has happened:

[Gaurav] In these 3 steps, you have worked with what is known as Platform as a Service (PaaS). This was something with which Windows Azure started.

[Gaurav] In this step, you ventured into something what is known as Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS). Amazon EC2 (among others) offer this. Microsoft started doing this as of last month only. When you were trying to create a virtual machine through the wizard, there's an option of choosing a storage account. My guess is that you opted for a new storage account and that's why you saw 2nd storage account in your subscription.

Now coming to your questions:

For your reference :  my uploaded images are storing into my application local folder only.

[Gaurav] Your applications in Windows Azure (whether you go PaaS or IaaS route) gets hosted in a VM. Please note that Windows Azure Storage is a separate service which offers you to store structured data (Azure Table Storage), unstructured data e.g. files (Azure Blob Storage) and messages for asynchronous communication (Azure Queues). Under PaaS scenario, your VM is quite transient in nature i.e. it may go down anytime. If there's anything that you store in application's local folder, they will be gone as well once your VM goes down. That's why it is recommended you store the images etc. which your user uploads in Blob Storage.

[Gaurav] Again, these are two different things. Windows Azure Websites are announced along with IaaS capabilities last month. My recommendation here would be to read up on what Windows Azure Websites are and how are they different than Cloud Services. In a nutshell, Windows Azure Websites are very similar to shared hosting provided by other companies similar to Go Daddy etc.

[Gaurav] Again, Azure Websites and Cloud Services are two ways by which you can deploy your application in Windows Azure. As far as I know, you can't CDN enable your application. What you can do is CDN enable the content stored in Windows Azure Blob Storage. For high availability of your applications, you would need to deploy your application across multiple data centers and load balance them using Traffic Manager.

[Gaurav] If you wish to update just single pages and update your content using FTP clients, you will not be able to do so if you deploy your application using Cloud Services. You would need to deploy your application as Websites. I believe you have asked a similar question on other thread as well.

Lastly, please don't take this any other way but my recommendation for you would be to read up about the platform and it's capabilities first than directly starting to deploy your application. I would recommend downloading Windows Azure Platform Training Kit and doing the Hands On Labs there first. It would give you much better understanding of different things available to you in Windows Azure Platform. I believe it even includes some sample project about uploading images and storing them in Azure Blob Storage.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Gaurav

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 1:53 PM