none
CSPack 1.4 crashes with OutOfMemoryException

Question

• Hi,

When I try to create a cpkg file using CSPack 4.1, it crashes with a OutOfMemoryException. If I omit the /copyOnly flag from the command, then it completes fine in about one minute. I've already found this article on making sure that all content files are set to copy never, but I'm still not having much luck. I've managed to get it to create the cpkg exactly once from the command line. The problem occurred after I added about 360 megabytes of static content to my web role project. Total application size is around 380 megabytes. 

Any ideas? I've already lost 8 hours screwing with this. 

Edit: My web role project file

Edit #2: Command line command I'm executing 

C:\Users\Sean\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\BizBlimp>"C:\Program Files\W
    indows Azure SDK\v1.4\bin\cspack" BizBlimp.Azure\ServiceDefinition.csdef /role:B
    izBlimp;Build\BizBlimp /sites:BizBlimp;Web;Build\BizBlimp /rolePropertiesFile:Bi
    zBlimp;properties.txt /out:Build\BizBlimp.Azure.cpkg

• Edited by Sean Grimes Monday, May 16, 2011 4:58 PM Adding command line
    Monday, May 16, 2011 4:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Sean,

Thank you posting!

This is a quick note to let you know that I am performing research on this issue and will get back to you as soon as possible. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Tuesday, May 17, 2011 1:00 PM
  • Hello Sean,

I am not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please contact our support team by submitting a ticket on http://www.microsoft.com/windowsazure/support/ ? Our dedicated support engineer will work with you on this issue.

In that page, please click the "Windows Azure" link then select "Windows Azure SDK and Visual Studio Tools" and "Cspack or csrun". This service is free.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 3:45 PM