none
How can you tell if a word is spelled correctly?

Question

• When you are making a query - I tried using peeple as the word and I got no recommendations back.

I'd like to know the best way to tell the difference between a miss spelled word and a word that is spelled correctly.

My first assumption is that if there are no recommendations - then the word is spelled correctly.  However I tested with the word peeples, Helro, teh and they don't return any results.  I also know these words are not spelled correctly.

While words like werkflow, peaple, wrold, seerch did return results.

Ideally I can get some result that would identify the difference between a word that is spelled correctly vs a word that has no suggestions.

How can I?

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi WebAlert,

I had tried the Bing Search API (source type Spelling Suggestions), just as you said, “While words like werkflow, peaple, wrold, seerch did return results, peeples, Helro, teh and they don't return any results”. Base on your description, I suggestion you contact Bing Search API support about this issue, the support channel is: https://support.discoverbing.com/eform.aspx?productKey=bingsearchapi&ct=eformts

Best Regards

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 5:20 AM
  • Nice to see this post about spell correction in the post or content in bing.com and It's helping us to go to next levell
    Friday, November 01, 2013 8:46 PM