none
Azure VCS hooks - Build and Test execution?

Question

• Even after the MeetAzure keynote I'm still not sure if the VCS hooks now a part of Azure WebSites actually just *build* post commit/push or if they also execute tests, only deploying if the tests are successful.

Appharbor (and I believe heroku) are similar offerings and their VCS hook event do promise to execute your associated tests and only deploy upon successful test runs.

What does Azure do?

Ta!

Robin

Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:17 PM

Answers

All replies

• There's no hooks as yet, but we're looking at it for a future release. The idea is to have hooks for pre and post that will give you total control over what runs during deployment. 
    Thursday, June 07, 2012 11:30 PM
  • Thanks for this; I also got a tweet from Vishal Joshi:

"For TFS it is build, test execution whole 9 yards. For Git we do not have unit tests yet but soon :-)"

So to append to your answer; TFS Azure will handle build and test on commit, Git is currently just build. For now.

Can't wait for it to include test execution too! Great work, everyone

Saturday, June 09, 2012 9:37 AM
  • Any update to this?

*bows before the greatness that is davidfowl*

I'm not a player, I just code a lot.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:35 AM
  • What we have right now is very low level hook where you take over everything (wiki). So in theory you can use it to do all kind of things, but in may take some work.

We are definitely working on making this easier in the future.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:42 AM
    Owner
  • Cool. I think I can work with this...  Here's a thought.. 

Based on David's .deployment gist (https://gist.github.com/3342182), I see that I can execute "%WINDIR%\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\MSBuild.exe"... What else can I execute? More importantly, does MSTEST live on that machine somewhere? 

I'm not a player, I just code a lot.

Wednesday, October 31, 2012 12:55 PM
  • No MSTest is not on there. It if was XUnit, your script could get it via NuGet, but for MSTest this may be trickier.
    Wednesday, October 31, 2012 11:42 PM
    Owner