none
I am confused, are there 2 different services Azure MarketPlace and Azure Store

Answers

• Ok I got the answer from Microsoft, these places are totally different.

Azure Market Place is an old thing quite unused and quite totally abandonned by dev team, this explains the missing and obsolete documentation found on line (should be removed)

Azure Store is in preview mode only,  started less than a year ago and not open to everybody worldwide, reserved to US companies.

Please mark this as an answer ... and stop answering when you don't know.

Regards

CS

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:47 PM

All replies

• Sorry but what is your answer, still confusing: are they separate entities or is it the same ?

Do I need devleopping one or 2 systems to interconnect ?

Saturday, October 12, 2013 7:59 AM
  • Hi,

From my experience, MarketPlace is used to purchase SaaS services and data. It targets end users of SaaS services and information workers. You can also build some tools for information workers to consume the data more easily, but developers are not the main audience. Store is a place to find plug-ins for Windows Azure platform. In most cases these plug-ins simplify the development tasks, but are unrelated to end users and information workers. I suggest you to give them a try. Glance at the items provided in each place should give a rough idea of the differences.

Best Regards,

Ming Xu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 6:10 AM
  • Ok I got the answer from Microsoft, these places are totally different.

Azure Market Place is an old thing quite unused and quite totally abandonned by dev team, this explains the missing and obsolete documentation found on line (should be removed)

Azure Store is in preview mode only,  started less than a year ago and not open to everybody worldwide, reserved to US companies.

Please mark this as an answer ... and stop answering when you don't know.

Regards

CS

Tuesday, October 15, 2013 9:47 PM