none
How do I try a free trial without credit card

Question

• Honestly to tell,I'm just student and I dun have credit card,I would to like try the window azure free trial.

Unfortunately it require credit card for continue last step,have any way for I try the window azure without credit card.

My goal is try the window azure without credit card.

Whether I could send my request to customer care or administrator to approve my request ?

Monday, December 12, 2011 5:30 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Your can try AppFabric Labs for free.

And you can try Windows Azure Pass:

https://windowsazurepass.com/

But you probably need to wait for some time to get approval. In the mean time you can install Tools and SDK to test local emulator.

Allen Chen [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:15 AM
  • As of today you need A Windows Live ID and credit card are required for proof of identity.

From 12/12/2011 onward there is no obligation to purchase at the end of the free trial. (which mean you don't get additional bill if you exceed the trial’s monthly allocations) 

K.Mohamed Faizal, Solution Architect, Singapore, @kmdfaizal
    http://faizal-comeacross.blogspot.com/ |AzureUG.SG
    Tuesday, December 13, 2011 3:44 AM
  • I'm appreciate your answer.

The main point of I try window azure is because I need a platform which can online my application (.exe) task 24/7.

Does AppFabric Labs contain always on and always up features that able help me online my application 24/7 period time ?

@ K.Mohamed Faizal it wasn't bill issue,because I dun have credit card and it require for enter credit card information to continues,in additional I just a studeny doesn't own any credit card yet.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 5:12 AM
  • You can leverage the Service Bus feature in the AppFabric Labs to expose your application (.exe) running on your local machine to Internet access. As it's just Labs there is no SLA such as 24/7 online. That said, it should almost work 24/7 based on my experience. For test/demo purpose it should be OK to use. 
    Allen Chen [MSFT]
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 6:25 AM
  • As you said there is no SLA such as 24/7 online my application,so how long it could online my application for a week ?

In additional,I tried to enter the website but my firefox browser show that server not found,website down or what ?

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 11:34 AM
  • As you said there is no SLA such as 24/7 online my application,so how long it could online my application for a week ?

In additional,I tried to enter the website but my firefox browser show that server not found,website down or what ?

There is no SLA means there is no guarantee for such questions. But based on my experience it should work 24/7 if everything is normal.

I can access AppFabric Labs without problem. Probably a Firewall/browser issue or other client side problems.

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 7:20 AM
  • I can access it by now.

By the way,I'm still a starter in this platform.

Could you give a guide to me step by step go to the running application section,I means .exe application

I dun see any way to opening .exe application.

Use the 'services bus' service for running .exe application or what,I still dun get it

• Edited by DarkSlay3r Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:52 PM
    Wednesday, December 14, 2011 4:49 PM
  • Hi,

You can refer to Service Bus samples in:

http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=8396

The sample is not for labs so you may need additional steps mentioned below:

http://blogs.msdn.com/b/piyushjo/archive/2011/09/27/azure-service-bus-working-with-the-appfabriclabs-account.aspx

Allen Chen [MSFT]

Thursday, December 15, 2011 1:42 AM
  • Honestly to tell,I'm just student and I dun have credit card,I would to like try the window azure free trial.

Unfortunately it require credit card for continue last step,have any way for I try the window azure without credit card.

My goal is try the window azure without credit card.

Whether I could send my request to customer care or administrator to approve my request ?

Couldn't agree more. I'm not a student and have a Credit Card but honestly I'm tired of having to put my Credit Card details into something advertised as "FREE". I totally get this from a sales marketing perspective; but honestly guys if you have VS Ultimate MSDN Subscription, skip the Credit Card bit. If the service is really good its going to sell itself right? Also most subscribers have entered corporate or personal credit cards ALREADY...for a "cloud" offering perhaps you should join the dots there :)

Geoff Fane

• Edited by Geoff Fane Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:44 PM typo
    Wednesday, June 05, 2013 8:43 PM