none
Bing Search Api problem with connection

Question

• I am trying to perform search through Bing  Search Api and it throws the following exception:

Caused by: sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target

Could you inform me when the problem is going to be fixed because from my understanding is a problem of the API?

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:18 PM

All replies

• Hi Thmavri,

According to error, I guess you do not have the certificate for the Root CA in your “keystore” .You may need make sure your SSL add in your "keystore" and server rightly.

You could refer to this error detail via (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn135313.aspx) .

And there is a same thread, you could refer to (http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14620500/fatal-error-sun-security-validator-pkix-path-building-failed ).

Please try it.

Thanks.

Regards,

Will

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, December 20, 2013 6:43 AM
  • I had the same problem this morning. Up until now our server has been running fine. I suspect that the certificate was changed from a domain specific cert for api.datamarket.azure.com to a wildcard cert for *.datamarket.azure.com. Java will reject the cert because the host names do not match.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 11:30 AM
  • I have been working with Bing Search Api for a long time and with the new one since it was published. It worked 3 days ago and now all of a sudden it does not. So I don't think it my issue.

Still, I checked I have already installed the Baltimore CyberTrust Root and GTE CyberTrust Global Root certificates. What else should I configure?

@ferg_lad: what have you done in order to make it work?

Friday, December 20, 2013 12:01 PM
  • Yeah definately not your issue. The cert has changed. I downloaded the cert from api.datamarket.azure.com and installed that using the keytool.
    Friday, December 20, 2013 6:30 PM
  • After all, it started working without changing anything. Thanks Ferg_lad for the help...

By the way..where exactly do you find the certificate?

Tuesday, December 24, 2013 4:38 PM
  • We actually had a certificate issue in one of the data centers on Dec 20th which we fixed, so things should work without any manual tricks now.

Thanks,

Max

Tuesday, January 07, 2014 8:41 AM
    Owner