none
Azure VM Role csupload Proxy 407 Authentication Required

Question

• Hi All,

I have create a VM VHD Image for Azure and im attempting to upload it using the csupload command that shipped in the Azure SDK 1.4.

It fails early with the following error:

Windows(R) Azure(TM) Upload Tool 1.4.0.0
    for Microsoft(R) .NET Framework 3.5
    Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Using temporary directory C:\Users\clegi0\AppData\Local\Temp...
    An unexpected error occurred: The remote server returned an unexpected response: (407) Proxy Authentication Required ( The ISA Server requires authorization to fulfill the request. Access to the Web Proxy filter is denied.  ).

Im on a corporate environment and getting a direct connection is a little difficult, is there any way to supply proxy credentials when using csupload? or an alternative method to get the VHD up there?

Thursday, May 05, 2011 10:43 AM

Answers

• Hi Ian,

You are experiencing problem while uploading VM VHD Image behind a proxy.

I am sorry that I failed to find a rich client tool which enables web proxy to upload VM Image yet. But you can submit  and vote your feature request in http://www.mygreatwindowsazureidea.com/forums/34192-windows-azure-feature-voting. I do believe this feature will be convered by csupload tool or 3rd party tool soon.

An alternative is that you upload both the VM Image and the csupload tool to another machine which is not behind a proxy. Then remote access to that machine and run the csupload tool.

Thanks,

Wengchao Zeng
    Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not.
    If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com.
    Microsoft One Code Framework
    • Marked as answer by Wenchao Zeng Thursday, May 12, 2011 7:08 AM
    Friday, May 06, 2011 9:26 AM