VERTRIEB: 1-800-867-1380

none
Can be run .CSPKG file in Devfabric

Frage

• Hi,

can we use dev fabric as a testing server and how to run service package file on dev fabric or how to execute .CSPKG file in Dev febric.

Please let me know  how to do it.

Thanks in advance

• Bearbeitet C.P.Singh Freitag, 1. Oktober 2010 05:51 -
    Freitag, 1. Oktober 2010 05:50

Alle Antworten

• Hello, you can simply run the application from Visual Studio. If you don't have Visual Studio, you can also use the CSRun.exe tool shipped with the Windows Azure SDK. Please refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd179412.aspx for more information.

Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    • Als Antwort vorgeschlagen EinarScott Dienstag, 1. Februar 2011 04:59
    Freitag, 1. Oktober 2010 07:19
  • Hi Luo,

Thanks for reply but still i am not able to get solution,please check my requirment in brief...

suppose I have Cloudservice1.CSPKG  and ServiceConfiguration.cscfg file that means what we get when we do publish the project .now I want to test the application using these two files in my local fabric only....

then how to test the application using two files only.. I dont want to use Azure account to test my application.

in other way suppose I have shared my application "publish" folder with client and client  wants to  test in local fabric before publishing in azure account..so is there any way to test cloud aplication using .CSPKG and .cscfg file. 

Hope now you are getting my requirment

Freitag, 1. Oktober 2010 07:40
  • Yes, you can use CSRun.exe as described in the above link. Have you tried it?
    Lante, shanaolanxing This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Donnerstag, 7. Oktober 2010 09:48
  • This is done in two steps:

1. first prepare the package for the Dev Fabric by using the copyonly option of cspack
      cspack [projectfolder]\ServiceDefinition.csdef /role:[WebRoleName];[WebRoleName] /copyonly /out:test
    2. run the package with csrun. be sure to supply a configuration file yourself, as the cspack line above doesn't give you one
      csrun /run:test;test/Service.cscfg
    Dienstag, 18. Januar 2011 14:57
  • I tried this out.If we provide "/role:[WebRoleName];[WebRoleName]" in cspack and generate the csx file.When we us this csx file in any other machine , it is unable to find role entry point for the dll(The code doesn't reach OnStart() method) , so the webrole(from csx file) is working on only the same machine in which it is build and csx file does not work on other machines.
    Freitag, 9. März 2012 02:35
  • Hi there,

It seems that I might be facing the same problem. Have you found anything more on that?

Stavros Menegos

Donnerstag, 27. Dezember 2012 17:44