none
Do I need my own Identity Server?

Dotaz

• If I want to allow our customers to create a user name and password on our Windows Azure account, I would need to run my own 'Identity Server' on Windows Azure?

Ultimately we want to also allow the user to login to a native iOS app using the same user name and password.

Most of the examples we have seen deal with federated login, but we don't want to have them use Facebook, or Google to login. That makes no sense for us.

Thanks!

13. dubna 2012 17:10

Odpovědi

• What do you mean on your Windows Azure account?

Unless you use one of the federated Identity Providers through ACS (or other STS) you will have to create your own place to store credentials. If you do build something custom then you can set up the iOS app to connect to a web service and authenticate against the same store. If you go the federated route, then you can still accomplish the same thing, just using LiveID or Google, etc.

Developer Security MVP | www.syfuhs.net

13. dubna 2012 17:32
  • Hi,

Agree, you can create your own STS as the Identity Provider in ACS portal, ACS also support simple username and password as the authentication, more documentation and ACS sample, refer to:

http://acs.codeplex.com/

Hope this helps

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

14. dubna 2012 6:33

Všechny reakce

• What do you mean on your Windows Azure account?

Unless you use one of the federated Identity Providers through ACS (or other STS) you will have to create your own place to store credentials. If you do build something custom then you can set up the iOS app to connect to a web service and authenticate against the same store. If you go the federated route, then you can still accomplish the same thing, just using LiveID or Google, etc.

Developer Security MVP | www.syfuhs.net

13. dubna 2012 17:32
  • Hi,

Agree, you can create your own STS as the Identity Provider in ACS portal, ACS also support simple username and password as the authentication, more documentation and ACS sample, refer to:

http://acs.codeplex.com/

Hope this helps

Please mark the replies as answers if they help or unmark if not. If you have any feedback about my replies, please contact msdnmg@microsoft.com Microsoft One Code Framework

14. dubna 2012 6:33